Author Topic: Beer Float  (Read 4172 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Beer Float
« on: July 17, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
If you were going to have a beer ice cream float...

What beer would you choose, and which flavor of ice cream would you put in it?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Beer Float
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »
I would choose None Of The Above.

A beer float?  Ick.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
I'm thinking along the lines of a Belgian monestary raspberry ale with something along the lines of a local gellato's chocolate offering.  That is based only on the theoretical  taste combinations.

In real life I fear that the ice cream will curdle in the beer, or destroy the carbination and head necessary for good beer taste.

Now, if we are talking root beer (not the crap most places sell, but a real home-made old-fashioned root beer) the only thing to put in it is chocolate ice cream.  A&W ruined most folks' taste for a root beer float by limiting the choice to vanilla ice cream or nothing.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »
So no one is intrigued by the idea of a mexican lager with a cinamon/vanilla ice cream...

Or a hearty stout and some coffee/cherry ice cream?

I got to talking about this with a friend a couple days ago and I'm trying to determine if it's worth experimenting with.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 04:30:43 PM »
Young's Double Chocolate Stout and the vanilla or coffee ice cream of your choice. As a Texan, I'm partial to Blue Bell. Next question?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

crt360

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »
AZ, give it a try.

I've never liked any sweet foods with beer, so I don't think it would work for me.
For entertainment purposes only.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 04:39:10 PM »
I'd have vanilla ice cream.  And beer of the root variety.

Not a big fan of beer.  Just doesn't taste good to me.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:46:49 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
I will eat chocolate chip cookies while drinking beer.  Otherwise, ew.  Just ew.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 04:51:33 PM »
sounds like an irish car bomb derivative
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »
Haven't tried it, but a New Belgium Blue Moon with a vanilla orangecycle in it.  This is about the only way to save this thread. =D
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 05:53:46 PM »
sounds like an irish car bomb derivative

There ya go.... does Bailey's make an ice cream or partner with someone for an Irish Creme ice cream?

ETA:  Haagen Dazs. 
http://www.haagen-dazs.com/products/product.aspx?id=79
--Lysander Spooner

zahc

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »
Blue Bell ice cream is SOOO good. If I ever move back to the Midwest I'll be forced to import it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »
I find the idea horrifying.

The Wife said Guiness and Blue Bell vanilla.

Cobalt60

• friend
  • Always looking for Savage 6b and similar .22's.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 07:28:16 PM »
I would choose None Of The Above.

A beer float?  Ick.

Brad

Even as someone who really likes Melbourn Bros. Cherry my first reaction was exactly this.

Haven't tried it, but a New Belgium Blue Moon with a vanilla orangecycle in it.  This is about the only way to save this thread. =D

When did New Belgium start making Blue Moon? I know they have a Blue Paddle Pilsner but I thought Blue Moon was a Molsen/Coors product.
I apprehend no danger to our country from a foreign foe... Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.
--Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

esheato

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 07:37:02 PM »
I was just down in San Antonio for a spell and at one of the drafthouses I ordered a Guinness float.

It was surprisingly good. Nice sweet finish from the ice cream (some sort of vanilla)

Ed

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
A number of brewpubs in the Pacific NW do this.  Usually, it is a dark stout or porter and a rich vanilla ice cream.  I have done this at home and think it is very good.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »
While the idea doesn't appeal to me, a rich stout or porter could work.

I know in some places they will mix a fruity ice cream with white wine....I've leave my dairy and my liquor seperated though.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 08:23:10 PM »
Damn you people... I'm going shopping. More Guinness and some Breyer's Vanilla is coming home with me. Now if it comes back up, I'm posting the pictures on this thread so you may share in my pain.  =D
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »
add a nice whiskey too

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 09:25:52 PM »
I'm thinking Bell's Third Coast Old Ale with some sort of caramel butter pecan.  I think I'll try it this weekend.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
I was thinking this thread was going to be about beer floating in the water.
A friend used to live on the Delaware river down stream of where they dump in tons of tubers and canoers. (Delaware water gap)
We were always pulling out loose beer and coolers that they lost. I lost count of the number of mangled canoes I pulled out of the rocks and took for scrap. I would swing in with the jet ski and either tie on or I started using a grappling hook I welded up.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »
Even as someone who really likes Melbourn Bros. Cherry my first reaction was exactly this.

When did New Belgium start making Blue Moon? I know they have a Blue Paddle Pilsner but I thought Blue Moon was a Molsen/Coors product.

You're right, New Belgium is Fat Tire and company.  My bad.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »
Garlic ice cream from the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
Raspberry Lambic and Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 11:04:30 PM »
Dead Guy Ale and some chocolate ice cream.   :cool:
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford