Author Topic: Why Bros should not get married  (Read 4188 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Why Bros should not get married
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:32:22 AM »
Good stuff. Before my ex moved out, the bathroom constantly needed cleaning. Somehow the rap was that it was my fault, although the mess was from her makeup, various oils and stuff I couldn't even identify. After she'd go to bed, I'd go in the bathroom and the countertop looked like the  Exxon Valdez oil spill.

She moved out a year ago March 1, and I haven't cleaned the bathroom since. Obviously I rinse the tub after a shower, and I wipe down the sink after using it. And I vacuum. But there's no major cleanup operations every week as there were for the years we were married.

At least the BJ's kept coming for all but the last 10+ years of the marriage. Sometimes I think that was the only reason I married her in the first place.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »
Paging Jocasse.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:19:40 AM »
Paging Jocasse.

Don't bother him, he's busy thinking he's happy.

Just archive the thread and bring it back for him in about 18 months (unless by then he has a rugrat and a third).

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »
Wait.

The Real World is still on?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 08:28:08 AM »

I was at Harbor Freight looking at something I don't recall. Dude next to me was on the phone doing the "Yes dear", "Yes dear", "Yes dear", etc. We did the Bro nod, start chatting afterwards, and the subject of women came up. I think he was about to start crying when I mentioned my chick hated shopping, loved power tools, liked sports (more than I do actually), etc.

There's plenty of awesome women out there. I admit I'm pretty far from normal, but if you married guys are so miserable, why put up with it?

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:25:04 AM »
I think of it in terms of loyalty.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »
I was at Harbor Freight looking at something I don't recall. Dude next to me was on the phone doing the "Yes dear", "Yes dear", "Yes dear", etc. We did the Bro nod, start chatting afterwards, and the subject of women came up. I think he was about to start crying when I mentioned my chick hated shopping, loved power tools, liked sports (more than I do actually), etc.

There's plenty of awesome women out there. I admit I'm pretty far from normal, but if you married guys are so miserable, why put up with it?

Mine just gave me permission to go to Venice, LA to go fishing for two days.
She didn't hesitate.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 09:35:21 AM »

Because splitting will *expletive deleted*ck up your kids heads, and "freedom" while living in a ghetto studio apartment and eating ramen is even less appealing.
I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »

I agree wholeheartedly.  In my case it took a couple of upgrades to get there, but get there I have.

She didn't hesitate.

Jamis, either turn in your man card, or take your balls out of her purse . . .

:laugh:
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 09:36:49 AM »
But, but, but it's fun looking at her in her bare feet while in the kitchen. :O :rofl:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly.  In my case it took a couple of upgrades to get there, but get there I have.

Jamis, either turn in your man card, or take your balls out of her purse . . .

Snort.  Marriage is collaboration, pure and simple.  If you don't come to an agreement, then you've got a lopsided arrangement and someone will always feel like they are getting the shaft.  I'd rather compromise with V1.1 than end up with V2.1

And "permission" might have been to strong of a word. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:13:09 AM by jamisjockey »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 09:46:14 AM »
I thought the article was hilarious and that the author obviously built some humor and hyperbole into it. I took it as that. Apparently 90% of the commentors on the site disagree with me, because he's getting reamed over there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 09:50:35 AM »
Apparently 90% of the commentors on the site disagree with me, because he's getting reamed over there.

And the 90% would be women, yes?

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »
You know, going by that list, I'd think I married a guy, if the kids weren't there to prove otherwise...

Really, not a single thing applies. And she goes fishing and I don't.

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:54 AM »
And the 90% would be women, yes?

One might think, but from the user names, no.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:46 AM »
^^^ I know!  Geez, where is the sense of humor? 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 10:38:54 AM »
Well, I'm glad I don't have a relationship like that with my wife. I purposely look for things she would like to do and she does the same for me. Funny how that seems to work out to our benefit.

Oh, and as to the engagement ring issue: no, I didn't get and engagement HDTV. I did, however, get a wedding .45 Colt.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 10:56:10 AM »
She didn't hesitate.

Permission?
Permission?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »
Well, I'm glad I don't have a relationship like that with my wife. I purposely look for things she would like to do and she does the same for me. Funny how that seems to work out to our benefit.

Oh, and as to the engagement ring issue: no, I didn't get and engagement HDTV. I did, however, get a wedding .45 Colt.

Ditto, my only complaint is when we travel together that all quilt stores would be closed or burnt down.

I do wish she liked outdoor activities as much as me (wilderness trips or remote fishing trips), but we take separate vacations because of this. She goes on a Gulf/Caribbean cruise with her friends and I spent time in BWCA.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 11:18:25 AM »
^^^^^ I now know the location and inventory of every scrapbooking store in the state.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »

I could be bribed into marriage for a Colt . . .

(Probably)

;)
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »
scrapbooking store.

That's a thing?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »
^^^^^ I now know the location and inventory of every scrapbooking store in the state.

If you need to know the hours and location of every quilt store in IA, MN, WI just let me know.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:20 AM »
That's a thing?

Research Nurse in my office goes to scrapbooking conventions...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch