Author Topic: SHTF scenarios on TV!  (Read 870 times)

SHTF scenarios on TV!
« on: March 25, 2006, 04:38:48 PM »
Have you noticed: The Weather Channel is running "IT COULD HAPPEN TOMORROW" and Discovery and, I think, CNN are also running shows about MAJOR earthquake, tornados, hurricanes, etc. Haven't had the opportunity to watch, but they should provide some food for thought. Not necessarily gun related, but most of us here are smart enough to see the ramifications. e.g.: If you're the only one on the block with a supply of water, some other's may be desperate enough to try to take it.

We've even had a church sponsored meeting discussing disaster response. Storage facilities, helping travelers, etc. Even the Westward migration was touched upon, but on one seemed to understand that a family fleeing the East Coast with virtually nothing is gonna be pretty desperate by the time they hit the Ohio Valley for example.

5 gallons of gas, a couple of gallons of water and a few sandwiches may satisfy some; but others will try to take what they want.

Did a search here and struck out, and not really wanting to start a bunch of scenarios. But I think its interesting that Ma Nature might be the enemy...and the ramifications!!

Global warming raises the earth's sea level 3 feet. Anybody for a beach house? I've got 5 acres, brick ranch w/ full basement at 3,000 ft for sale, incidentally. Really need a generator and some storage tanks!

Be interesting to see where this goes!

Bob

grampster

• friend
SHTF scenarios on TV!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 06:27:29 PM »
Nothing will happen. The S can't HTF because there will be no electricity.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

brimic

• friends
SHTF scenarios on TV!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 08:23:04 PM »
I saw the movie "The Day After Tomorow." According to the movie, if you live in North America north of the Mexican border, you will become a popsicle overnight. The only way to prepare for this certain to happen disaster is to move to Mexico, that's if bird flu or Jihadist terrorists don't get you first.  Me, I've just recently gotten out of my heavily stocked bomb shelter where I've been holing up since Y2K.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Art Eatman

• friend
SHTF scenarios on TV!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 04:49:17 AM »
Today's WND has a link to a news article about the Hayward fault:  It could go, at any moment.  Possibly 6.7 to 7.2?  Guesstimate 155,000 building/homes destroyed in both San Fran and the East Bay...

I get a kick out of the claims and counter-claims about the ice caps.  One group says they're melting and the sea level will rise.  Another group says, yeah, it's melting there, but accreting elsewhere on the cap, per measurement.  But I live at elevation 2,800, so I'm not gonna worry about seawater in the yard.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
SHTF scenarios on TV!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 06:02:53 AM »
"The S can't HTF because there will be no electricity."

Unless you have a generator to keep the fan going in your outhouse Tongue
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Justin

• friend
SHTF scenarios on TV!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 09:35:43 AM »
Quote from: brimic
I saw the movie "The Day After Tomorow." According to the movie, if you live in North America north of the Mexican border, you will become a popsicle overnight. The only way to prepare for this certain to happen disaster is to move to Mexico, that's if bird flu or Jihadist terrorists don't get you first.  Me, I've just recently gotten out of my heavily stocked bomb shelter where I've been holing up since Y2K.
That is easily one of the worst mainstream Hollywood movies ever produced.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

brimic

• friends
SHTF scenarios on TV!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »
That is easily one of the worst mainstream Hollywood movies ever produced.
I'm ashamed to have paid$2.25 to rent it Sad
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SHTF scenarios on TV!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 12:25:38 PM »
the 2 bucks in nothing compared to the valuable hours off your life, gone with the wind :-P

I'm not gona sweat it. things go to hell around here, a country boy can survive.