Author Topic: More network help  (Read 598 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
More network help
« on: March 27, 2006, 05:14:29 AM »
If you guys ain't figgered it out yet, I'm an idiot when it comes to anything in-depth wtih a computer.
Here's what happened.
Someone in my bike club came out and set up my network for me, file and printer sharing, and tried to fix my wireless network.  Turned out my VOIP router went TU, so after he was done I had to go replace it.  I picked up a new wireless/router/voip to replace the existing 2 routers I had sitting out.  With me so far?
So I get it all installed back in and secured.  Phone won't work.  Great.  Get ahold of Vonage and it turns out I had to register the damn thing.  Okay, fine.  Done.
Now, I went back to square one to get the netork secured.  Nope.  Keeps setting up at factory defaults and I can't secure the wireless network.
On top of it, the pc/laptop network is dicked now.  I can print from either computer to the printer.  I can acess the LAPTOP from the DESKTOP, but not vice-versa.
So, thoughts on why my network won't secure?
Also, thoughts on how to get my LAPTOP back into the network properly?
gracias,
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”