Author Topic: Police say man in wheelchair robbed bank  (Read 702 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
Police say man in wheelchair robbed bank
« on: April 04, 2008, 02:39:05 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080404/ap_on_fe_st/wheelchair_bank_robbery

PALO ALTO, Calif. - Palo Alto police are looking for a bank robber who favors a decidedly slow-speed getaway vehicle  an electric wheelchair. Police said a man in his 60s with gray hair and a beard held up the Wachovia Bank branch at the Stanford Shopping Center late this afternoon with a black handgun.

ADVERTISEMENT

After the stickup, he left in his wheelchair and was last seen motoring down a nearby street toward El Camino Real, a major thoroughfare.

Witnesses say the man's legs were wrapped in bandages and his right leg was sticking straight out while he zoomed away.

Police are looking for a white Ford van that the suspect may have been hoisted into after the robbery.

Investigators don't know whether the wheelchair was just a prop or whether the suspect was truly disabled.

that will always look good on a resume "yea, i was the security guard on duty when the rolling bandit struck".
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Police say man in wheelchair robbed bank
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:23:01 AM »
 When they catch the guy it will be hid friends in the retirement home turning him after they got suspicious of his new 4 wheel drive with GPS scooter
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."