Author Topic: Iran celebrates global meltdown  (Read 2963 times)

Don't care

Iran celebrates global meltdown
« on: October 12, 2008, 01:07:01 PM »
"We are very happy that America's economy is in jeopardy and they are paying the price for their misdeeds. God is punishing them."

That is the verdict from Ayatollah Jannati, one of the most senior clerics in Iran.

President Ahmadinejad has pronounced on the collapse of global capitalism, and announced that Iranians should stand ready to manage the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7663487.stm

Yeah, right.

You managed to release the hostages on the day that Reagan took office, lest your respective asses be carpet bombed back to the stone age.

I, for one, would be in favor doing it now, that or turning Israel loose on that regime.

De Selby

• friend
Re: Iran celebrates global meltdown
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »
"We are very happy that America's economy is in jeopardy and they are paying the price for their misdeeds. God is punishing them."

That is the verdict from Ayatollah Jannati, one of the most senior clerics in Iran.

President Ahmadinejad has pronounced on the collapse of global capitalism, and announced that Iranians should stand ready to manage the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7663487.stm

Yeah, right.

You managed to release the hostages on the day that Reagan took office, lest your respective asses be carpet bombed back to the stone age.

I, for one, would be in favor doing it now, that or turning Israel loose on that regime.

Maybe they were thinking of all the future lucrative weapons deals Reagan was going to give them when they handed over the hostages instead? 

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »
Nobody remembers Praying Mantis. Why?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:21:22 PM »
Nobody remembers Praying Mantis. Why?

Fool! You never discuss Praying Mantis!

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »
Fool! You never discuss Praying Mantis!

First rule about Praying Mantis: Don't talk about Praying Mantis

Second rule about Praying Mantis: Don't talk about Praying Mantis
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 08:37:25 PM »
Is there a meme here I don't know about?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »
Is there a meme here I don't know about?

Here's what I was grabbing from:  http://www.diggingforfire.net/FightClub/

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 09:06:12 PM »
Ah. I was talking about Operation Praying Mantis, when America destroyed about a quarter of Iran's navy in one day and lost two men in a helicopter accident.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
Ah. I was talking about Operation Praying Mantis, when America destroyed about a quarter of Iran's navy in one day and lost two men in a helicopter accident.

Yes, but that isn't funny.

Priorities man, it's a 3-day weekend.

Banker's hours rule!
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 09:26:45 PM »
I learned something today.  In reading the Wikipedia article on Praying Mantis, I see that two American surface combatants fired a number of Standard missiles at an Iranian ship.  I had heretofore thought that the Standard was a surface to air missile only.  But some Googling reveals that the Standard can also be used against ships in certain guidance modes.  Interesting.  I wonder if those ships did not have any Harpoons in their magazines.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
Might have been a cheaper and more efficient choice.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 06:24:29 AM »
Or some squid thought to himself, "Self, I wonder waht a Standard Missile would so if shot at an Iranian surface ship?"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton