Author Topic: Let's Go Brandon!  (Read 18817 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2021, 01:20:25 PM »
Who's the dame?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2021, 01:22:57 PM »
Who's the dame?

I did not.... Whoops wrong president
Yes I did, what about it?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2021, 02:21:29 PM »
Who's the dame?

She's the new Republican congress critter from Colorado, Lauren Boebert.  She's trolling AOC with that dress.
Boebert is a hard core 2A supporter, owns a restaurant in Rifle, CO where all the wait staff is armed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2021, 03:17:46 PM »
Well he left has gone and one upped Let's go Brandon. They win

https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/1456673597942943749?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2021, 08:01:20 PM »
Saw a big assed Let's Go Brandon! sticker on the rear window of a Subaru Outback this afternoon at the grocery store.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2021, 09:35:54 PM »
Yes, I am as guilty as Dan Rather about this.  It was like pulling teeth to get me to criticize even the blatantly criminal actions of the Jan 6 rioters because we'd been faced with months and months of nonstop rioting and violence that the left excused and justified at every turn.

"Damn! That SOB has stole himself a souvenir!"

"Well, it at least things aren't on fire..."
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2021, 04:12:35 AM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2021, 10:49:16 AM »
So why in 2021 when gas prices are skyrocketing the left is suddenly all “Well the President doesn’t control gas prices!”

He doesn’t control them but sure as hell his policies affect them greatly
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2021, 07:55:02 AM »
Saw a big assed Let's Go Brandon! sticker on the rear window of a Subaru Outback this afternoon at the grocery store.

Like your old one?  Park that in Denver and it would be atomized within a couple of hours.  Nowadays I won't have anything partisan on my car.  I even gave up my ham license plates for a nondescript Commierado NNNLLL plate a while ago.

You know, like destroying or vandalizing your car would sure teach you a lesson, you terrorist, you.

And with that secret satanist code with that slashed zero on your license plate, yet.  What does that Ø mean anyway? I don't understand it so it must be bad.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2021, 08:01:54 AM »
Like your old one?  Park that in Denver and it would be atomized within a couple of hours.  Nowadays I won't have anything partisan on my car.  I even gave up my ham license plates for a nondescript Commierado NNNLLL plate a while ago.

You know, like destroying or vandalizing your car would sure teach you a lesson, you terrorist, you.

Yeah, there are parts of town that if someone I really hated lived there I would just slap a Trump bumper sticker on their car and let the locals do the rest.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 08:17:38 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2021, 08:11:59 AM »

That's how it was, and how I was, when I still lived in Santa Barbara. An NRA sticker (back when I liked the NRA) would have meant at the very least something like getting my car keyed, and a slashed tire or broken window would not have been out of the question. The person who would have done it would have very likely had a "coexist" sticker on their own car.

I now have a big "Idaho Second Amendment Alliance" sticker with an evil black rifle on the back window of my truck and worry not at all, even if I have to go to stinky Boise for something. Idaho has an NRA license plate available, and again, if I wasn't soured on the NRA, I might have those on my vehicles. If we had a Gadsden or "Live Free or Die" license plate available*, I'd get one of those in a heartbeat.

*Actually, I should write my state rep about that. She's an Idaho Second Amendment Alliance member as well and I bet she'd be up for submitting some patriotic plates.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2021, 08:14:25 AM »
Live Free or Die is overrated.  That doesn't seem to actually work around NH.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2021, 08:15:30 AM »
WLJ: Too true, too bad, too sad.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2021, 09:42:59 AM »
I watched it in the theater. It's been a while since I read the book. It was obviously marred by quota casting. That was the standout flaw. Second, the music and direction choices were a bit heavy handed and made me think I was watching blade runner 2049. Third, it had pacing issues and started to blur together in the second half. On the plus side they did stick to the book. Except for the character sex and race changes.

Even half the book is too much for a single film. Too bad they couldn't do a miniseries like Mandalorian-length.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2021, 10:07:27 AM »
I watched it in the theater. It's been a while since I read the book. It was obviously marred by quota casting. That was the standout flaw. Second, the music and direction choices were a bit heavy handed and made me think I was watching blade runner 2049. Third, it had pacing issues and started to blur together in the second half. On the plus side they did stick to the book. Except for the character sex and race changes.

Even half the book is too much for a single film. Too bad they couldn't do a miniseries like Mandalorian-length.

Let's go Baron
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2021, 08:59:18 PM »

I just re-read the book last summer.  The part the movie covered felt like most of the book.  I got the impression the remaining part of the book from that point went by really fast and there were some time jumps so there was a lot not directly covered by the book.  IMO, the 2nd movie could have a lot of scenes not in the book and still follow it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2021, 09:21:31 PM »
I was at the hardware store, comparing a few products with my wife.  She remarked that the prices seemed high.  I noted that everything is getting expensive - and turned to the stranger next to me and asked "Am I right?".  He says back to me "For the last year.  Go Brandon!"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2021, 10:31:08 PM »
Went into Walmart today.  They have a house brand mustard which comes in 4 different varieties.  I like the spicy horseradish one.  I've been paying 68 cents for a 12 oz container for a couple years.

It was 96 cents today.

The Friday night special 12 oz prime rib at our favorite place was $18 last fall.  It's $32 now.  The $18 ribeye is now $38.

I can't grasp anyone who walks upright would vote for any Democrat for any reason. 

We have Jimmy Carter cubed.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2021, 10:44:59 PM »
Went into Walmart today.  They have a house brand mustard which comes in 4 different varieties.  I like the spicy horseradish one.  I've been paying 68 cents for a 12 oz container for a couple years.

It was 96 cents today.

The Friday night special 12 oz prime rib at our favorite place was $18 last fall.  It's $32 now.  The $18 ribeye is now $38.

I can't grasp anyone who walks upright would vote for any Democrat for any reason. 

I don't really care for Biden.  However, may I offer a differing perspective?

Economic forces are massive, multinational and complex.  While presidential policy does have an impact, it's only one part of one government.  Our nation is like a boat on the sea - when a storm comes the captain has some minor control, but he like his passengers is largely at the whims of forces that are much larger than he is.  As passengers it's easy to direct ire towards the captain however recognize the larger picture here.

Also, said storm might be the edge of an economic hurricane, depending on your views of modern monetary theory.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2021, 01:16:27 AM »
I was at the hardware store, comparing a few products with my wife.  She remarked that the prices seemed high.  I noted that everything is getting expensive - and turned to the stranger next to me and asked "Am I right?".  He says back to me "For the last year.  Go Brandon!"

Just looked at the M1 at the federal reserve.  The money supply was quadrupled just after the inauguration and over the last year that has continued to grow.  The M1 now sits at five times what it was before the election was stolen.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2021, 05:13:52 AM »
Just looked at the M1 at the federal reserve.  The money supply was quadrupled just after the inauguration and over the last year that has continued to grow.  The M1 now sits at five times what it was before the election was stolen.
M1 blew up in 2020 under Trump.  I don’t think they are even reporting M1 anymore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2021, 06:09:37 AM »

It was 96 cents today.

They are so brainwashed they are crowing about how good he is doing and how “paying a little more is a small price to pay for economic recovery”

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2021, 08:11:14 AM »
They are so brainwashed they are crowing about how good he is doing and how “paying a little more is a small price to pay for economic recovery”

So why don't I feel economically recovered?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2021, 08:16:31 AM »
Quart of generic oil went from $4 to over $6.

Maybe Brandon doesn't control everything, but it didn't help that his people stomped the throttle to the floor while at the same time cranking WAP on the stereo, putting on a blindfold, and waving both hands out the sunroof...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2021, 09:03:34 AM »
I don't really care for Biden.  However, may I offer a differing perspective?

Economic forces are massive, multinational and complex.  While presidential policy does have an impact, it's only one part of one government.  Our nation is like a boat on the sea - when a storm comes the captain has some minor control, but he like his passengers is largely at the whims of forces that are much larger than he is.  As passengers it's easy to direct ire towards the captain however recognize the larger picture here.

Also, said storm might be the edge of an economic hurricane, depending on your views of modern monetary theory.

Economic forces are also directly affected by the primary motivator of those forces -- the price of crude oil, which provides feed stock for vast amounts of the manufacturing processes required to make goods as well as the cost of the fuel that is used to transport those goods to market.

Brandon's activities have had a big hand in pushing the price of crude higher, and it's pretty apparent that he's not yet done.

Worse, his activities are also putting a LOT of pressure on the only other viable fuel stocks tied to economic production in the United States -- natural gas and coal.

Brandon has, in essence, fired the opening shots on a war on domestic energy production. I've said more than once, and I'll say it again, that he's out for revenge for the American economy proving Obama wrong when we DID, very successfully, drill our way to lower gas (and overall fuel) prices and made ourselves energy independent, to boot.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.