Author Topic: Gloria Steinem and a bunch of Code Pink Whack-a-Do's go to North Korea.  (Read 1800 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Whatever we got in trade was worth it.   I hope there is no give-backsies.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/23/asia/north-korea-women-activists-dmz-crossing/index.html
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Trade?  The Norks can have them for free.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

dogmush

• friend
Sadly that article is about them traveling from north to south.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Didn't the ROK once incarcerate/execute spies and agents provocateur coming from the north?

And didn't the USA once upon a time administratively revoke the passport of those who travelled to "forbidden" countries, essentially barring them from return and turning them into stateless persons?

Way back when, wasn't it that only the President, with the advice and consent of the Senate, could appoint and dispatch ambassadors, ambassadors plenipotentiary, and special envoys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZngGIw5ONWE

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Andiron

• friend
They should've publicized this.  The Norks could've gotten a pile of money running a kickstarter that ends with Steinem against a wall .  Not on a comfy senior citizen bus ride.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
We missed a *expletive deleted*ing perfect opportunity to convince NK that they were really spies...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ned Hamford

• friend
"Her critics include Human Rights Foundation's Alex Gladstein, who accused Ahn of "whitewashing the North Korean regime for more than a decade, always excusing the Kims, saying they aren't so bad, and blaming North Korea's problems on South Korea and the U.S."

Useful idiots.  I forget which book, but our favorite scary eyed author had a great bit where such traveling international protesters and self styled diplomats were found guilty of treason. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Sadly that article is about them traveling from north to south.

Did you read the same article I read?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Did you read the same article I read?

Dunno what article you read, but the one that scout linked said:

On Sunday morning, a bus picked them up from the North Korean side and ferried them across the Demilitarized Zone that has separated the two Koreas for more than half a century.

"We feel very celebratory and positive that we have created a voyage across the DMZ in peace and reconciliation that was said to be impossible," Steinem said after the group, which had originally planned to walk across the zone, arrived in South Korea.

The article described them crossing the DMS from north to south (i.e. The wrong way). One can only assume the flew into Pyongyang to start their masturbatory extravaganza.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Dunno what article you read, but the one that scout linked said:

The article described them crossing the DMS from north to south (i.e. The wrong way). One can only assume the flew into Pyongyang to start their masturbatory extravaganza.

What the article says is that, however they got TO the DMZ, the Norks picked them up in a bus and transported them to their photo ops in North Korea.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
They should've publicized this.  The Norks could've gotten a pile of money running a kickstarter that ends with Steinem against a wall . 
I thought the Norks used cannon, mortars, and packs of hungry dogs in their executions?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
I thought the Norks used cannon, mortars, and packs of hungry dogs in their executions?

Pay per view it then..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Disappear em and blame the Norks?
I promise not to duck.