Author Topic: Nuclear Testing  (Read 911 times)

m1911owner

• friend
Nuclear Testing
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:54:50 PM »
I'm thinking it's about time for the U.S. to resume nuclear testing.

They test one, we test one.  At the same location.

They test a .5 kt squib, we test one of those 25 Mt Bassoons that we've never had the guts to test full-up.

I bet that would get their attention.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »
I bet that would get their attention.
Only if we tested it over their capital city.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Nuclear Testing
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:27:51 PM »
What exactly would that accomplish? They already know whats in out inventory, as well as they know it will bever be used.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 04:03:41 PM »
Maybe, you know, someone could accidentally spill some coffee or something on the control console and geez, son of a gun, off goes one of them big ones flying it's way over to NK. Oopsy, ah well, you know how tricky this modern technology can be at times. Tongue
Avoid cliches like the plague!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 01:25:58 PM »
I was thinking we should test out our new SSGNs over there, launch about 20 inert Tomohawks from about 10 miles off one coast, have them overfly the country and capitol at low altitude, them splash down about 10 miles off the other coast. Then deny everything.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »
How about filling tomahawks full of food, and dropping it on North Korean runways?  The tarmac will be so clogged with starving people that their jets couldn't take off.  Then stage an air show over the capital....
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 02:10:30 PM »
Do we still have the know-how to do one of those big WWII arial food drops?  I bet if we did one of those over Pyongyang and the big NK military bases, that we could march right in and capture the country while everyone is eating.  

Especially if we lace all of the food with concentrated laxatives before dropping it

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 03:06:46 PM »
HTG, that is by far the most evil and diabolical plan I have ever heard. I LOVE IT!! Cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »
Well if we wanted to bomb them with something useful we just drop a ton of laptops, cellphones, and short wave radios then make sure we have base stations set up off-shore to get them all unrestricted phones ad broadband net. The country would come unglued.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

mfree

• friend
Nuclear Testing
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 04:32:17 AM »
"The country would come unglued."

I'm not so sure it would be total. There are millions over there who have never had that taste of freedom and have been in it so long that they might actually *believe* that ole' Ronery is the reincarnation of god and do whatever. Stockholm syndrome analog, that is.

I think if you air-dropped food and communications supplies, you'd get maybe 3/4 of the people involved in the "melee" and the other 1/4 manning battle stations and launching NBC/std shells into SoKr.