Author Topic: New Yorker magazine "Osama Obama" cover--Wow!  (Read 15158 times)

m1911owner

• friend
New Yorker magazine "Osama Obama" cover--Wow!
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:45:46 AM »
I can't believe the July 21 cover of the New York Times.  A liberal publication is finally admitting what Barack Hussein Obama II is all about:

I can't wait to see what the story has to say...

doc2rn

Re: New Yorker magazine "Osama Obama" cover--Wow!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:56:17 AM »
Speechless!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:56:33 AM »
Actually, the New Yorker claims their plan was to parody Obama's depiction by some Republicans. Nobody believes them though.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »
Isn't the New Yorker an incredibly elitist leftist rag?

They certainly wouldn't be behind a McCain candidacy... I can believe their story that this is mocking the politics of fear.  The article inside is supposed to be about how Obama got his start in Chicago politics.

That's a story I'd like to read about.  Can you imagine the sleaze involved in a leftist elitist attorney getting his start in corrupt Chicago and being intimately involved with William Ayers and other such dirtbags?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:18:28 AM »
Obama's political origins among Chicago's wardlords has already been traced.  Do a search on Google.

A publication that pimps for Seymour Hersh is, well, what you'd think it is.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »
Why is Obama upset about this? It portrays him embracing another culture, something he believes is for the greater good. And he knows what's best, just ask him.

rolleyes
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »
Actually, the New Yorker claims their plan was to parody Obama's depiction by some Republicans. Nobody believes them though.

Also, it wasn't the Repubs who made a big deal about the "H" in Barack Hussein Obama."  That would be HRC.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »
That is not Barry's house.  You can tell because there is no United Nations flag.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »

Also, it wasn't the Repubs who made a big deal about the "H" in Barack Hussein Obama."  That would be HRC.

Yes. What's your point?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 10:43:28 AM »
That is not Barry's house.  You can tell because there is no United Nations flag.

Let's hope that's never Barry's house...

It's the Oval Office in the White House.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
Truth spoken in jest.

"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 12:09:50 PM »
Where's ShootinStudent when you need him...

I wanna hear his take on this.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »
Where's ShootinStudent when you need him...

I wanna hear his take on this.

My take is that the ad was not constructive and will only be taken by the rumor mill to justify the kooky theories that Barack Obama is a secret Muslim agent.

It's ironic for me, having spent some time reading into what conservative/radical Islamic movements are trying to do in their countries, to come here and see people calling Obama a marxist and then turning around to call him a secret Muslim.

News flash folks:  If the Muslim radicals magically took control, they would....abolish any income tax, tax at 2 percent of one's wealth, and fight communism as a form of odious barbarism.

In terms of economic programs, which most people seem to be most concerned with when talking about Obama, the people on this board are by and large absolutely identical in beliefs to the Islamic radicals. 

Yes, of course there are differences between the Islamic radicals and the economic libertarians on social issues, but in terms of economic policy they are the same-no state interference with private money, extremely low taxes, etc. 

Obama is less like the Muslim radicals, in other words, than many people who post on this forum, with respect to his economic policy. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

Yes. What's your point?

My point is that the MSM & Dems will claim that the mean old Republicans started the nasty rumors about BHO being a Muslim (among other things).  BHO claimed as much when he announced he was refusing public dollars and going with a privately-funded campaign as his reason to forego public moneis & limits.

Willie Horton is the model.  He was invoked against Dukakkis during the 1988 Dem primaries by (drumroll, please) Al Gore

Fast-forward to after GHWB and Dukakkis are the chosen candidates...

GHWB and his "Karl Rove" (Lee Atwater) decide to run a Willie Horton ad.  The expressly do NOT include a photo of Willie, just a bunch of rough-looking actors (majority white), text, & a voiceover detailing Horton's crimes and Dukakkis's enabling.

Ever since then, it was the nasty racist GHWB/Lee Atwater/Republicans who invoked Willie Horton: first, last, always.

While Al goes on to get a Nobel Peace Prize.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 02:04:02 PM »
As if HRC had to start rumors.  She had a hand in it, sure.  But between his name, his father's religious and geographical background, his schooling in a largely Muslim nation, and his soft spot on the WOT, such rumors were inevitable.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »
As if HRC had to start rumors.  She had a hand in it, sure.  But between his name, his father's religious and geographical background, his schooling in a largely Muslim nation, and his soft spot on the WOT, such rumors were inevitable.

What is his soft spot in the war on terror?  As far as I can tell, his military policy is at least as expansive as GWB's.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:17:01 PM »

What is his soft spot in the war on terror?  As far as I can tell, his military policy is at least as expansive as GWB's.
You could start with the part where he wants our troops to give up and go home.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 03:41:21 PM »
Libertarianism and theocracy do not mix.  A system of total political and moral control cannot be "libertarian." 

You think Bill Ayers might qualify as a blind spot? 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:49 PM »

Please explain "...at least as expansive".
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »

You could start with the part where he wants our troops to give up and go home.

Yeah, if you didn't notice, it's apparent now that he was lying for the purposes of bolstering liberal support during the primary.

He's already as much as guaranteed that he's in the stay "as long as necessary" to make it an "honorable and victorious homecoming."

Then he wants to use any reduction in Iraq troop strength to send to Afghanistan.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »

Please explain "...at least as expansive".

He supports unilateral strikes on other countries, without UN, Congressional, or other approval as long as the motivation is counter-terrorism. 

He's also become a supporter of an expanded war in Afghanistan, and a continued military presence in Iraq. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »
Accepting your assertion for the sake of argument, ss, then the perception will suffice.  The people who think Obama is a secret Muslim are not the sharpest crayons in the box.

In my estimation, the notion that BHO is a Muslim is an insult to Muslims.  Even the militant ones. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 05:35:21 PM »

In my estimation, the notion that BHO is a Muslim is an insult to Muslims.  Even the militant ones. 

Ouch!

grin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »
Obama isn't a Muslim but like all radical leftists he's a spiritual cousin of the Islamists.  Both crowds are totalitarians.  Their unspoken alliance is most evident in present-day Europe.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
SS:

I suspect BHO has changed his position on Iraq & terrorism in general in the same way McCain has changed his tune on illegal immigration: with a wink and a nudge.

And he does have a soft spot for terrorists, given his association with Ayers & Dhorn (Dohrn?...who gives a rat's *expletive deleted*ss: Ayers' terrorist skank-ho).  Folks who wished they blew up MORE than they managed to.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton