Author Topic: CT gun laws revealed!  (Read 959 times)

birdman

• friend
CT gun laws revealed!
« on: April 02, 2013, 08:41:48 AM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/04/robert-farago/breaking-connecticut-gun-ban-bills-revealed/#more-214655&gsc.tab=0

Most insidious:
The bill bans the sale of armor piercing ammunition, and makes it a class D felony to carry a firearm loaded with any such ammunition.

With NO DEFINITIONS OF A STANDARD
Which I guess, leaves it up to DESPP to define the standard.

So, lets say they make the standard a Level IIIA vest. (Or worse yet, a II or IIA)

Oops, CT just banned every rifle cartridge bigger than a 22LR, and shotgun slugs, and god knows what else?

Guess what hunters, they are coming after your guns. (Including your shotguns)

erictank

• friends
Re: CT gun laws revealed!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/04/robert-farago/breaking-connecticut-gun-ban-bills-revealed/#more-214655&gsc.tab=0

Most insidious:
The bill bans the sale of armor piercing ammunition, and makes it a class D felony to carry a firearm loaded with any such ammunition.

With NO DEFINITIONS OF A STANDARD
Which I guess, leaves it up to DESPP to define the standard.

So, lets say they make the standard a Level IIIA vest. (Or worse yet, a II or IIA)

Oops, CT just banned every rifle cartridge bigger than a 22LR, and shotgun slugs, and god knows what else?

Guess what hunters, they are coming after your guns. (Including your shotguns)

All surprised, raise your hand and say, "AYE!"

<looks around, crickets chirp>

Yeah, that's about right.

But nobody's ACTUALLY trying to take anyone's guns anywhere, and anyone who says differently is just  [tinfoil].  Right.

:facepalm:

And not *ONE* of their proposed-and-approved (waiting only on governor's sig, IIRC?) new laws would have stopped Lanza, from what I read. Particularly... well, amused isn't quite the right word, I suppose... by the inclusion of the "no evilnastybadugly so-called high-capacity magazines, because SANDY HOOK, YOU HEARTLESS KID-KILLING BASTARD!!!!" bit - when Lanza did "tactical reloads" the whole time, not ONCE using the 30-round standard factory capacity of his rifle magazines. And since magazines aren't serialized in any way, registration would seem to be... a non-trivial problem. For those willing to comply.

But nobody's ACTUALLY trying to take anyone's guns - or accessories, or is trying to give the government the power to register and inspect and confiscate same - anywhere, and anyone who says differently is just  [tinfoil].  Right.

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: CT gun laws revealed!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
This is what I keep hearing from teh gun prohibition crowd:

We support the second amendment (i.e., your right to shoot skeet with foreign dignitaries or sit in the woods freezing your butt off while wearing a dorky orange hat, correct?)

No one wants to take your guns away. =D

We just want to ban gun weapons of assaultage (guns that have modern features and ergonomic characteristics, nevermind they make up less than 2% of firearms used in crimes, we'll figure out what guns are used the most in crimes later and ban them subsequently)

We Just want to ban high capacity clipmagazines that have no use for hunting. (You can have 10 whole rounds, but maybe we'll cut it down to seven, or one)

We just want to impose a law that forces honest people to get federal permission before buying or selling any gun. (If you receive or give a gun we want to know about it first as well as the biographical details of all parties involved , but it's not registration....)  :lol:

Get a shotgun (which will always have a shorter range than our thug's full auto weapons).
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"