Author Topic: One Home Search Away From Being Adam Lanza  (Read 14990 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: One Home Search Away From Being Adam Lanza
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2013, 02:54:08 PM »
Old saying goes
If you are gonna play the game learn to wear the name

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: One Home Search Away From Being Adam Lanza
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
Don't know why the Lanzas had a 10MM, but there are many reasons a person might want to own and shoot one.

She was rich.  An impulse purchase, perhaps?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »
She was rich.  An impulse purchase, perhaps?

All of her friends had a 9mm.

She wanted something bigger than they had.  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »
I wonder if she was on a gunboard somewhere.  That would be interesting.  Do I recall correctly, that the kid wiped his PC beforehand?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »
I wonder if she was on a gunboard somewhere.  That would be interesting.  Do I recall correctly, that the kid wiped his PC beforehand?

I believe he attempted to destroy the HDD.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
So, does this mean I shouldn't buy a Glock 20?

;/

The guns a person has in there collection means nothing more then that's what they like/want.
Who knows why they Lanza's had a Glock 20.
Does it really *expletive deleted*ing matter?

The question of "who should have what and why" is not a question WE should ask, bother to discuss or even entertain. It is a question of the anti gun movement which they want answered at our expence.

As for tinfoiling this event, Really? That's what we decend too?
Yes, we know that the anti's jump on these tragic events and politise them to the maximum, but to sit and *whine* about it being a government setup is wasting time.
In all (sad) honesty, the government doesn't need to manufacture such events. They happen in the natural course of events, and esculate in times of civil unease.

I'm more concerned with the media continuing to hype what I consider to be a mediocore collection of firearm related stuff as a sign of insainity.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

birdman

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2013, 08:43:34 PM »
I'm more concerned with the media continuing to hype what I consider to be a mediocore collection of firearm related stuff as a sign of insainity.

This.  Every time I hear 4-6 firearms and 1000 rounds of ammo being described as an "arsenal"...when I would describe it as a "reasonable, though not excessive, day at the range", terrifies me.

If that is an arsenal, imagine what would be said about some of the collections on this board?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:06 PM »
This.  Every time I hear 4-6 firearms and 1000 rounds of ammo being described as an "arsenal"...when I would describe it as a "reasonable, though not excessive, day at the range", terrifies me.

If that is an arsenal, imagine what would be said about some of the collections on this board?

Arms depot?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2013, 11:55:34 PM »
If you have to make more than 3 trips to your car just to set up your range bench you might be a terrorist.

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2013, 09:57:47 AM »
If you have to make more than 3 trips to your car just to set up your range bench you might be a terrorist.

Hell, your car on a daily basis, no range trip, probably would qualify.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
Or deciding which handgun to carry today  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »
Or deciding which handgun to carry today  =D

I suprised my dad ever can make it out of the house on time.

Last I checked there were three diffrent loaded pistols on the shelf in his headboard, and he wasn't home, so who knows what was with him.

He usually seems to narrow it down to two.

It's worse then a woman with a closet full of shoes.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »
I suprised my dad ever can make it out of the house on time.

Last I checked there were three diffrent loaded pistols on the shelf in his headboard, and he wasn't home, so who knows what was with him.

He usually seems to narrow it down to two.

It's worse then a woman with a closet full of shoes.

A guy has to decide whether to flaunt it or cover it up  :lol:

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »
I don't care what you mock, it doesn't change what is going on.   This is not just about "journalistic incompetence."  This is about information black-outs that cannot be dismissed that facilely.  What you know about Nancy Lanza or her husband can be summed up in two, three sentences.  That isn't accidental; is it a conspiracy?  I don't know, do you?  It is very easy to dismiss what is going on in America as foolish conspiracy-making, but the people who run things are counting on your thinking that way.  It is just as foolish to dismiss conspiracies as to see them everywhere (and I don't).  I have suggested the need to turn over a lot more rocks, that's all.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2013, 02:23:32 PM »
I don't care what you mock, it doesn't change what is going on.   This is not just about "journalistic incompetence."  This is about information black-outs that cannot be dismissed that facilely.  What you know about Nancy Lanza or her husband can be summed up in two, three sentences.  That isn't accidental; is it a conspiracy?  I don't know, do you?  It is very easy to dismiss what is going on in America as foolish conspiracy-making, but the people who run things are counting on your thinking that way.  It is just as foolish to dismiss conspiracies as to see them everywhere (and I don't).  I have suggested the need to turn over a lot more rocks, that's all.

I must point out to you that I know even less about the killers' parents at Columbine. (And I don't remember their names, BY CHOICE. These sub-human wretches don't even deserve infamy.)

That's not a conspiracy, that just seems to be the way it works. (Same for Virginia Tech, Arizona, Denver, etc...)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2013, 02:40:31 PM »
"That just seems to be the way it works."

Well, indeed, it does. 

Maybe that's why we still haven't heard, for example, from the people who were there in Benghazi? 

The fact is, a very few people make the decisions about what constitutes "news," constitutes reality.  It is less about conspiracy than about the control of information by small cadres of people.   How many people do you think are in on the editorial meetings at, say, the Washington Post when editors decide what a "story" is and isn't?  (I can tell you: I've been there.  Answer: not many.)
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »
"That just seems to be the way it works."

Well, indeed, it does. 

Maybe that's why we still haven't heard, for example, from the people who were there in Benghazi? 

No, that is a lack of journalistic curiosity in protection of their boyfriend.

I was not specific enough in my point- we don't know much about the parents of the mass shooters because it is the nature of reporters to avoid trying to place blame on the parents. The more they report about who the parents are, their relationship to each other and to the mass murderer, the more it looks like they are trying to say it's the parent's fault. As a result, most reporters will avoid providing (or even looking into) information about the parents so that they will not be uninvited to their preferred cocktail parties for being such a crass boor. (Or, they may actually wish to avoid blaming the parents, thinking such things "just happen). Whatever the motivation, they want to avoid the appearance of blaming the parents.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2013, 08:59:24 PM »
To whom it may concern, which ought to be all of you:

Someone has changed my screen name.  Boys will be boys, I guess.

I would like to believe that this is some ill-conceived April Fool's joke, but then again I'm a bit cynical at this point in life.

/longeyes/

"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2013, 09:09:35 PM »

I would like to believe that this is some ill-conceived April Fool's joke, but then again I'm a bit cynical at this point in life.

/longeyes/

Being sour grapes about it probably doesn't help.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 09:11:11 PM »

/longeyes/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2LkGpQB0
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »
Lol
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2013, 09:29:25 PM »

/longeyes/

That sounds exactly like something an FBI Informant might say... [tinfoil]

[popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2013, 09:53:51 PM »
Being sour grapes about it probably doesn't help.

Stop, think, repeat.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »

/longeyes/

Please don't take offense. This happens around here every April 1st to somebody/somebodies.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2013, 10:01:58 PM »
Stop, think, repeat.

Maybe he should be tinfoil.