Author Topic: Science is for stupid people  (Read 853 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Science is for stupid people
« on: September 30, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2014/09/science-is-for-stupid-people.html?m=1

Science is a rigorous way of making fewer mistakes. It’s not very useful to people who already know everything. Science is for stupid people who know how much they don’t know.

What the left calls science is really a hypothesis accepted as a fact without the skepticism. Its intelligence is a conclusion without bothering to determine whether it’s true. Science and intelligence are perpetual processes that are never truly settled. But in law and government, as in all other fields, the left discards the process and asserts an inevitable outcome by virtue of its superiority.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Science is for stupid people
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
I'm looking forward to when the behavioral science people actually implement all their policies based on individuals "biases" that make them make "bad" decisions and discovering that all the biases update when someone tries to take systematic advantage of them1, just like we discovered about unemployment and inflation in the 70s.

1: Note: You probably can take systematic advantage of biases if the cost of analyzing those biases is low. Marketing that places the more expensive item prominently is an obvious example. So long as the difference in price is still fairly low, people will often choose convenience rather than making cost comparisons. Of course, then your are left wondering if it is a bias towards prominent products or towards convenience of shopping and convenience of not needing to spend energy on price comparisons.

For an example where it doesn't work as well because of price differences, see how well "product location" makes a difference at car dealerships.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought