Author Topic: Game on, air strikes in Syria  (Read 15252 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Game on, air strikes in Syria
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2014, 10:02:58 AM »
Most Wanted Terrorist in the world killed.

You can tell he's a terrorist by the severe pixellation even in an obviously posed photo.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2014, 10:45:00 AM »
That particular title does seem to make the rounds.

They all work for HYDRA.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2014, 10:57:16 AM »
Lol. How many Americans were murdered in Chicago last weekend? How many of the murderers might have been illegals?
Surgical bombing strikes in Chicago wouldn't even violate borders of sovereign countries.
How about north korea? They've put several americans in hard labor camps for being stupid enough to cross the border.  Nit only that, but the norks constantly bluster about destroying America and actually do have WMDs. If you are going to be intellectually consistant, where is your demand for bombing missions and boots on the ground in North Korea?

So we don't deal with ISIS because of the murders in Chicago? ;/
How about DEALING with the murders in Chicago because we're ignoring Boca Haram?  It makes as much sense.

Pointing out all the other problems in the world is not an argument for doing nothing about ISIS.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2014, 11:01:45 AM »
I'm mighty fond of dead presidents.  I like to collect them, even.

And given Coolidge's stance and action regarding immigration, I've no doubt the actions he took would be more effective at safeguarding Americans than any taken the last 30 years or so.  See, if Congress had not repealed his Immigration Act of 1924 (in 1964), the 9/11 hijackers would not have been in America to bring down the twin towers.  Mohammed Atta and his goat-humping buddies would have to find their way to Hell without passing through American territory.

So, some dead president pretty much had the problem solved before it was a problem.  It took leftists and neo-conservatives to un-solve it and entangle us in the Forever War in the ME.  

Please forgive me if I look to a time when our policritters had a lick of sense.

Like going after the Barbary Pirates because they posed a danger to American shipping?
Radical Islam has already proven itself a danger to America.

And, yes, I was aware that immigration was pretty much shut down from 1924-65.  If Coolidge's ghost comes back and tells me he forsaw the 9/11 attacks I will properly compliment him for his great forsight.  Let's deal with the world as it is, not as we wish it to be.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2014, 11:31:58 AM »
Lol. How many Americans were murdered in Chicago last weekend? How many of the murderers might have been illegals?
Surgical bombing strikes in Chicago wouldn't even violate borders of sovereign countries.

Has anyone outside of Chicago actually said they're against this?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
Wait wait wait: there are still people who believe the "fighting them over there so we don't have to over here" line? Oh man, do you think they hate us for our freedom too?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In much the same way that Obama is the gun salesman of the year, he's also turning out to be the best recruiting tool Al Qaeda has ever had. To quote the inimitable Tam, "please don't bomb me into that briar patch."

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/09/24/al_qaeda_islamic_state_khorasan_group_jabhat_al_nusra_isis_recruiting_winners_losers
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2014, 03:41:10 AM »
Oh man, do you think they hate us for our freedom too?   

Are you imagining they don't?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2014, 03:45:10 AM »
Are you imagining they don't?

The average Islamist has no idea what life in America is actually like, and does not hate us for what freedoms we have left. Aside from the freedom to not be Muslim of course. Unless you're countingour support of Israel as a freedom in which case they totall do hate us for that.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2014, 04:02:40 AM »
The average Islamist has no idea what life in America is actually like, and does not hate us for what freedoms we have left. Aside from the freedom to not be Muslim of course. Unless you're countingour support of Israel as a freedom in which case they totall do hate us for that.

In my experience with people who believe in various radical anti-American ideologies (including at least one former FATAH fighter), as a matter of fact many people outside the US imagine America to be the place of total hedonistic depravity, which naturally runs counter to their interpretation of their religions/worldviews.

I am not saying other factors don't play a role but one needs to be totally blind to the mindset of anti-Americans to imagine that nobody hates America for her freedom.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
In my experience with people who believe in various radical anti-American ideologies (including at least one former FATAH fighter), as a matter of fact many people outside the US imagine America to be the place of total hedonistic depravity, which naturally runs counter to their interpretation of their religions/worldviews.

I am not saying other factors don't play a role but one needs to be totally blind to the mindset of anti-Americans to imagine that nobody hates America for her freedom.

The 9-11 hijackers sure partook of as much of our total hedonistic depravity as they could before their suicide mission  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
And some of the Nazis enjoyed Jewish art. So?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
And some of the Nazis enjoyed Jewish art. So?

So - I don't care why they may hate us, as long as they leave us alone.

Your corner of the world is full of hate.  It's best for the rest of us if y'all just hate each other  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »
Destroyed four tanks?  What tanks would those be?
Stupid reporters.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2014, 10:36:36 PM »
I think they captured some tanks. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/17/isis-moving-seized-us-tanks-humvees-to-syria/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2014, 11:01:48 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2014, 11:16:21 PM »

I could buy into that.   Walls worked for the Chinese.  Why do people think it won't work here?
Alligators with lasers?   I will NOT be the guy who changes the batteries .... :-* [tinfoil] :angel:

Yer gonna have to show me how the "wall" "worked" for China. Kinda like the Maginot Line no?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2014, 11:23:29 PM »
Yer gonna have to show me how the "wall" "worked" for China. Kinda like the Maginot Line no?

Not one Kraut Panzer ever got across the Great Wall of China.  Period. [tinfoil]

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »
Not one Kraut Panzer ever got across the Great Wall of China.  Period. [tinfoil]

The manchurians did.

Nit to mention the enormous human capital and treasure squandered on it at various times

Do you seriously not know the problems with building an incomplete wall? Or are you ignorant of the reality of the great wall? For example, that its not just one
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2014, 10:15:30 AM »
I think they captured some tanks. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/17/isis-moving-seized-us-tanks-humvees-to-syria/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty sparse story.  Still no evidence of tanks, just Humvees and light armor at most.
Did we leave any tanks behind for the Iraqis?  Did they have any leftover Russian stuff that was still functional?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »

We all realize that the Maginot Line "failing" is a myth yes?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2014, 11:47:59 AM »
Pretty sparse story.  Still no evidence of tanks, just Humvees and light armor at most.
Did we leave any tanks behind for the Iraqis?  Did they have any leftover Russian stuff that was still functional?

There's all kinds of video on the net of Isis using tanks. They had a bunch of equipment captured from the Iraqis

The Iraqis had a lot of armor
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2014, 12:03:56 PM »
The manchurians did.

Nit to mention the enormous human capital and treasure squandered on it at various times

Do you seriously not know the problems with building an incomplete wall? Or are you ignorant of the reality of the great wall? For example, that its not just one

Yea, I know it's not just one, and that it wasn't built all at one time.
It also wasn't used just for defense -- it was to pay import/export duties on the Silk Highway as well.

There is nothing in life that humans do that is perfect.  Part of the history of war has always been the development of newer bigger more effective weapons to kill the enemy, and, as well, the development of newer better defenses to keep the now better armed enemy at bay.  It's a type of life-or-death competition.
And it generally only stops when one side is wiped out.
The tank killer was developed because of the tank....in response to the development of ICBMs we got "Star Wars" or "SDI."  
And likewise the Chinese developed their Great Wall, as did the Romans build the Hadrian Wall in Great Britain.  Both depended upon garrisoned troops and both would only be effective to the degree they were well manned and maintained, if that.

The French Maginot Line was an amazing system of fortifications and artillery.  The Nazis would have been idiots to try to penetrate it.  Thankfully the French left the Ardennes open -- building their "wall" through that was too expensive and they rationalized the Germans would also decide the Ardennes was too hard to get mechanized stuff through.  This was not really so much a failure of the Maginot Line per se but a failure on the part of the French to think like the enemy would.  From the German perspective tearing through the Ardennes was so much the better choice than dealing with the Maginot Line.
They SHOULD have made the Maginot line go through that forrest....would helped.

When the soviets took over East Germany they, too, built the Berlin Wall.  And manned it with machineguns and troops.  Some people did get through using clever, clandestine methods .... a few managed to get through by surprise, but a lot of people who tried got shot for their trouble.

We build prisons with walls around them, often complete with razor wire and guard towers.  But every once in a while some evildoer sneaks into a laundry van -- or something -- and escapes.  
Even Alcatraz's (an island fortress) record is not unscathed, save the very few who swam off apparently didn't get to shore .... alive.

But we still build walls.  

The next time one rails against some fortification, wall, or other system because it doesn't work ... consider, when the battery in your car goes dead do you get angry and talk of what a failure the car has been over time, or do you buy a new battery and go on.

If you want perfection, look to God.  

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:52:45 PM by TommyGunn »