Author Topic: grid down-cyber attack?  (Read 1273 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
grid down-cyber attack?
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:03:44 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-21/total-chaos-cyber-attack-feared-multiple-cities-hit-simultaneous-power-grid-failures

Drudge report said multiple cities affected, do you think it actually was a cyber attack?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: grid down-cyber attack?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
I have heard the San Francisco outage attributed to a fire,  but I don't really know.
In today's climate, we may never know -- especially if it IS a cyber attack.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 07:06:44 PM »
"The U.S. power grid appears to have been hit with multiple power outages affecting San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles."

gods, do I love living in the hinterlands.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:17 PM »
Nothing in the news about the power outages.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »
There's often a power outage or two in most large cities at any given time.  Usually small, localized outages,  but outages nonetheless.
So, nothing to see here.  Move along people.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 11:03:04 PM »
There's often a power outage or two in most large cities at any given time.  Usually small, localized outages,  but outages nonetheless.
So, nothing to see here.  Move along people.

gosh darn it! I was just getting ready to head for the hills with what i have left of my emergency rations, 3 cans of salmon , 3 flashlights and a revolver.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 11:47:01 PM »
Latest .... "news"  is the outages were the result of solar activity.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »
Well if they took out sf, la, and ny what difference at this point would it make?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:19:27 AM »
Well if they took out sf, la, and ny what difference at this point would it make?

It would make for a good start ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 12:21:48 AM »
It would make for a good start ...

Anemic at best, add in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and Boston and it would be a fair start.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 08:31:40 AM »
gosh darn it! I was just getting ready to head for the hills with what i have left of my emergency rations, 3 cans of salmon , 3 flashlights fleshlights and a revolver.

FTFY
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”