Author Topic: Washington Post Helping ATF Coverup Projet Gunwalker?  (Read 1172 times)

CSM Kersh

Washington Post Helping ATF Coverup Projet Gunwalker?
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »

So it seems, at least with the Washington Post.  This is despite usually anti-gun CBS' running three pieces during the evening news.  What CBS has uncovered, but long after Codrea and Sipsey Street, is that the AFT may have been allowing guns to be bought and transported to Mexico for over 2 years.  

Today’s Washington Post coverage of the scandal – which has brought forth whistle-blowers, gotten extensive coverage from CBS News and is now drawing attention from other news agencies over allegations that the ATF allowed thousands of firearms to be illegally taken to Mexico as part of a sting operation – quickly portrays “Fast and Furious” as “an aggressive law enforcement strategy to stop firearms trafficking” in its lead paragraph. Blogger Mike Vanderboegh, to whom the article alludes anonymously, thinks the newspaper is running interference for the agency

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Is Washington Post helping ATF circle wagons on ‘Gunrunner’ scandal? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/is-washington-post-helping-atf-circle-wagons-on-gunrunner-scandal#ixzz1GDKx6dSF

and from another source:

WaPo Spins: A controversy over tactics used to break up an extensive Mexican gunrunning ring has prompted federal officials to re-evaluate an aggressive law enforcement strategy to stop firearms trafficking. The new scrutiny comes after two separate shootings in the past three months where federal agents were killed and guns recovered by investigators were later traced back to individuals already under investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives… In one of those cases, ATF agents in Phoenix were deeply divided over when to conclude the investigation and arrest suspected traffickers. Some of those agents took their misgivings to Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) after two AK-47s traced back to a U.S. gun store were recovered near the scene where a Customs and Border Protection agent was killed. The controversy highlights the difficulty ATF agents face in complex cases against increasingly sophisticated gunrunning rings, said former and current government officials. Because of weak gun laws and investigative limitations imposed at the urging of the gun lobby, many gunrunning cases end with little more than paperwork violations against buyers who procure guns for others. Such so-called straw purchaser cases rarely amount to more than charges of lying on federal documents… (If F Troop only had more money and more odious laws to enforce, apparently none of this would have happened.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/09/AR2011030901985.html?hpid=topnews
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:24:40 AM by CSM Kersh »
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

stevelyn

• friend
Re: Washington Post Helping ATF Coverup Projet Gunwalker?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »
The Washington Post and the Waffen BATFEces are kindred spirits with the same goals.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »
The editorial board of the washington post is firmly in the MMM camp
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
The editorial board of the washington post is firmly in the MMM camp

the news staff not so much  i've read coverage of the atf stepping on their crank in the post
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
They had their Ombudsman write an Editorial about how the Tyranny Response Team
should not be permitted to sponsor a roadside trash pick up in Bethesda.

They have folkes 1 degree from an involved party write in all the time.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"