Author Topic: Comfortable, attractive, durable slacks for us huskier types  (Read 567 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Being built like a tree stump with legs, finding slacks that look nice, are comfortable, and have decent durability has been a lifelong exercise in futility. I finally found a Van Heusen cut that ticked all the boxes and have worn them for years. Of course, they appear to have been discontinued. On a lark I tried a Haggar B&T product from, of all places, Amazon.

This is the first time in my entire life I've purchased a piece of business clothing without first trying it on so I didn't have high expectations. However, reviews were consistent that they fit to measure so, why not. Much to my surprise, they not only fit, they fit well. Best of all they are ever so slightly stretchy, giving an added measure of comfort. Unlike most slacks these days, they also have ample room in the crotch and plenty of waistband with enough loop for a good belt, meaning I can sit comfortably and the waistband doesn't curl into a garrote after a few hours. Finally, they are a traditional straight-cut leg, not the hideous skinny cut capri-esque highwaters which seem all the rage.

https://www.amazon.com/Haggar-Khaki-Expandable-Waistband-Casual/dp/B07R92T4NG/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=GeTxe&pf_rd_p=bbb6bbd8-d236-47cb-b42f-734cb0cacc1f&pf_rd_r=3ZQPNT0R2BZ1WDZ3Q319&pd_rd_r=5458c6aa-f626-4200-af94-a61a4336e779&pd_rd_wg=PCIHQ&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi&th=1

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
Re: Comfortable, attractive, durable slacks for us huskier types
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 11:05:52 AM »
double-tap.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 11:19:05 AM »

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 11:42:24 AM »

Make him a foot taller with more hair and that's me.

Brad
-HankB

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 01:58:48 PM »
Being built like a tree stump with legs, finding slacks that look nice, are comfortable, and have decent durability has been a lifelong exercise in futility. I finally found a Van Heusen cut that ticked all the boxes and have worn them for years. Of course, they appear to have been discontinued. On a lark I tried a Haggar B&T product from, of all places, Amazon.

This is the first time in my entire life I've purchased a piece of business clothing without first trying it on so I didn't have high expectations. However, reviews were consistent that they fit to measure so, why not. Much to my surprise, they not only fit, they fit well. Best of all they are ever so slightly stretchy, giving an added measure of comfort. Unlike most slacks these days, they also have ample room in the crotch and plenty of waistband with enough loop for a good belt, meaning I can sit comfortably and the waistband doesn't curl into a garrote after a few hours. Finally, they are a traditional straight-cut leg, not the hideous skinny cut capri-esque highwaters which seem all the rage.

https://www.amazon.com/Haggar-Khaki-Expandable-Waistband-Casual/dp/B07R92T4NG/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=GeTxe&pf_rd_p=bbb6bbd8-d236-47cb-b42f-734cb0cacc1f&pf_rd_r=3ZQPNT0R2BZ1WDZ3Q319&pd_rd_r=5458c6aa-f626-4200-af94-a61a4336e779&pd_rd_wg=PCIHQ&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi&th=1

Brad

Interesting.   How are the front pockets?   Adequately sized to actually carry a snubby in a pocket holster?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 02:27:14 PM »
Interesting.   How are the front pockets?   Adequately sized to actually carry a snubby in a pocket holster?

Carrying my LCP in a DeSantis Nemesis holster in it at this very moment. Plenty of room.

Brad
-HankB