Author Topic: What A Commercial!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16947 times)

Hornblower

What A Commercial!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 08, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »

"This commercial was done by a local kid. You have to watch the whole thing. When he finishes talking and walks away, you get a sense of how this could be the commercial of the campaign season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: What A Commercial!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 10:38:55 AM »
WOW !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »
I can tell you one thing for sure. American soldiers dying and our goverment creating massive debt is not worth the freedom of any foreigner. We should defend only ourselves. All other people should either fight for their own freedom or be damned.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »
I can tell you one thing for sure. American soldiers dying and our goverment creating massive debt is not worth the freedom of any foreigner. We should defend only ourselves. All other people should either fight for their own freedom or be damned.

You can't ignore the forest fire until it gets to your doorstep, or you'll have no hope of stopping it.

Also, four letters for you to consider.

ICBM.

silliman89

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »
Yeah, I liked it.  I'm prior military though, from a family of prior military.

You might want to rethink calling him a kid though.  What definition of a man could you possibly have that this guy hasn't met?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 10:44:49 AM »

Ah, let me take you back to the time that we finally realized the great big ol' oceans no longer protected us.

December 7, 1941.

'Nuff said.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

freedom lover

• "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »
You can't ignore the forest fire until it gets to your doorstep, or you'll have no hope of stopping it.

Also, four letters for you to consider. ICBM.

As far as we know he had no ICBMs. As for the threat, we know he had chemical weapons, but he had no way of attacking the US with them. I do admit that the base they found could have been Al Queda's, but the idea that a paranoid dictator would have worked with guys who could have caused the US to reign fire on him is silly.
As for nukes, all that we have is the word of an expatriot that the two trucks American SF guys found gutted in the desert formerly contained centrifuges. If my guess is correct the war has not protected us at all.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 11:29:31 AM »

Ah, let me take you back to the time that we finally realized the great big ol' oceans no longer protected us.

December 7, 1941.

'Nuff said.

This is not WWII. The Islamic terrorists are not, were not, and will never be a threat comparable to the Nazis.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
Actually, in the United States, they're significantly more of a threat than the Nazis ever were.

They've already proven that beyond all doubt.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »
Actually, in the United States, they're significantly more of a threat than the Nazis ever were.

Yup. Nobody else since the British has EVER hit the US mainland like that. Not till 2001.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
And we thought the Japanese were just a bunch of dumb yellow, short idiots who wore thick glasses and couldn't fly airplanes none too well.

Yet they built a modern military, crossed the oceans, and gave us one heck of a bloody nose. Plus, they put up very heavy resistance up until Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

freedom lover

• "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 11:42:38 AM »
You all probably just think I'm crazy. I aint.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 11:45:15 AM »

IIRC, we imposed "Freedom" on Germany, Italy and Japan after WWII.  Since then, they've pretty much left their neighbors alone.  Prior to that they had spent several decades (and centuries) invading their neighbors.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 11:52:53 AM »
You all probably just think I'm crazy. I aint
Crazy, no.  Uninformed, yes.

Dubya did what Clinton and crew did not.  When Saddam surrendered after the first Gulf War  he agreed to a set of surrender rules.  Shortly after Bush Sr. left office he gave us and the UN the middle finger.  Violated them there rules of surrender for far too long.  Clinton didn't do *expletive deleted*it so someone had to.  I'm glad Dubya made the decision to go in.  Just wish he would of used that for a reason instead of the other. 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »

Yup. Nobody else since the British has EVER hit the US mainland like that. Not till 2001.

They hit the US mainland. Twice within the span of eight years. They killed a lot of people. But the personal tragedies of these people's families - which needed to be addressed - and the horror of the crime - for which the perpetrators needed to be brought to justice - do not translate into a threat to the very existence of the United States in the way the Soviets and the Japanese posed one (by the way, the US started addressing the Japanese threat starting with the first Roosevelt).

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 12:26:49 PM »

They hit the US mainland. Twice within the span of eight years. They killed a lot of people. But the personal tragedies of these people's families - which needed to be addressed - and the horror of the crime - for which the perpetrators needed to be brought to justice - do not translate into a threat to the very existence of the United States in the way the Soviets and the Japanese posed one (by the way, the US started addressing the Japanese threat starting with the first Roosevelt).

Actually, it's worse. Japan was another nation we could see and fight with, between troops, planes, and ships.

The Islamist terrorists are HERE.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »
The islamic terrorists, specifically the same folks that were around for 9/11, are not here. There might be a few that followed us into Iraq. But, I'll wager that most of them are crouched in a cave somewhere in Pakistan sipping tea and snacking on crumpets, smoking dope and beating their wives . . .

. . . while waiting on our economy to collapse . . .

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »

Maybe the Islamists can destroy the very existence of the United States.  Or maybe they can't.  We could probably debate that question round and round indefinitely, without ever coming to any real conclusion.

But let me ask you this: does it actually matter whether they can threaten the very existence of the United States?  Obviously they can threaten the existence of thousands of people.  That much we've seen.  Isn't that a threat worth paying attention to, worth reacting to, worth defending against? 

Do you think that the government's job is only to protect the government as a whole?  Should the government ignore a threat to most of it's citizens? 

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »
The islamic terrorists, specifically the same folks that were around for 9/11, are not here. There might be a few that followed us into Iraq. But, I'll wager that most of them are crouched in a cave somewhere in Pakistan sipping tea and snacking on crumpets, smoking dope and beating their wives . . .

. . . while waiting on our economy to collapse . . .
I hope they're a patient bunch...

laugh

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
I hope China and Japan are, too. Gonna take a few generations of tax dollars to pay them back. Smiley

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 01:01:08 PM »
I hope China and Japan are, too. Gonna take a few generations of tax dollars to pay them back. Smiley
At the rate they're going, our debt obligations to them may be the only real assets they have left.  China's stock market is down 50% on the year.  Japan hasn't had a thriving economy in 20 years.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 06:09:13 PM »

In terms of those killed, yes, you're correct.  By that metric MS-13 is more a more significant threat than the Axis powers were.

The Axis powers had millions of troops, fuel supply lines, tanks, battle ships, air forces, etc.

The jihadi's have rental vehicles and air plane tickets.

There's probably a cheaper way of dealing with them than our current plan.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 06:55:24 PM »
then tell us what that plan is. we await enlightenment. or don't they cover the plan this semester
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »
obamas gotta hate that commercial. its untouchable
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 07:24:40 PM »
It's a good thing the French didn't see things that way back in the 1780s.