Author Topic: I would like to announce my candidacy  (Read 8955 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: I would like to announce my candidacy
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 12:14:39 PM »
Do you even know why ag subsidies were created in the first place?

Price crises at the end of the WWI + demands by the Populist movement that dated back to the 1890's and reached crescendo with said price crises. (yes, plural).

Next question, please?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

taurusowner

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
I could never, and will never vote for anyone who supports, even tacitly, abortion.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »
Far better plan than any of the recent candidates.

My hope with the "legalize it all" approach is that quality heroin or cocaine would drive meth out of the market.

Pretty much my view - Meth is the equivalent of bathtub/radiator gin.  It's dangerous, but will get you high and is manufacturable on the sly from publicly obtained materials.

In a legal environment, I figure that most all of the motel/abandoned house/garage meth labs will go away.  That's benefit number 1.  Benefit number 2 is that with cheaper, easier to get meth, the Methheads will either regulate their usage a bit better or eliminate themselves quicker.

The way I see it, a lot of the damage the occurs with meth right now is due to the imprecise nature of the manufacturing resulting in impure, contaminated meth, and exposure to the various chemicals and stages used to make it in poorly controlled home labs.  Both of which would be more or less eliminated under a 'meth is legal' scenario.

By the same token - I figure the same forces will occur as happened during and after prohibition.  During prohibition drinkers tended to shift away from the hard to smuggle beers and wines to more compact, easier to smuggle hard liquers.  After prohibition, people shifted back to wine and beer as the most popular drinks, though I believe there has been a lingering of popularity for 'mixed' drinks.

So, on average, people will drift away from things like meth and crack cocaine for other, safer, drugs.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »
You want to legalize prostitution, but not allow them to hire agents or managers?

No. I meant the kind of pimp who captures teenage girls, traffics them, and beats them when they don't make enough money.

I think if brothels were licensed like small businesses and hookers were unionized alot of money would get spent in the local community and there would be less disease and exploitation.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »
No. I meant the kind of pimp who captures teenage girls, traffics them, and beats them when they don't make enough money.

Thee people are slavers. Pure and simple.

Anybody that utilizes slaves of any kind, whether for prostitution or any other kind of work, is a slaveowner.

Slave-dealers are the worst kind of human filth, ever, below even pedophiles.

Hang them I say.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 12:55:23 AM »
Thee people are slavers. Pure and simple.

Anybody that utilizes slaves of any kind, whether for prostitution or any other kind of work, is a slaveowner.

Slave-dealers are the worst kind of human filth, ever, below even pedophiles.

Hang them I say.

Hanging is to quick. Toss them out of the back of a C-130 as high as you can go without them losing consciousness. Probably wouldn't take many for people to catch a clue.
Look, tiny text!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »
Well, you take the money out of a lot of things, and you get 'em off the black market. I think with legal meth, there'd actually be fewer users...

As for the folks who don't like one portion of my platform enough to throw the whole thing out... Good luck.

Blog under construction