Author Topic: NBC journalist: It's my job to see Obama succeed  (Read 4167 times)

Desertdog

• friends
NBC journalist: It's my job to see Obama succeed
« on: November 07, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »
I quit watching MSNBC long, long ago because they were obviously all for the Democrats, so the only surprise here is the fact that Matthews admitted it.

NBC journalist: It's my job to see Obama succeed
Jim Brown - OneNewsNow -
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=313438

A media analyst says MSNBC host Chris Matthews effectively admitted yesterday he was an unpaid member of Barack Obama's press office.

Matthews appeared Thursday on MSNBC's Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough and was asked for his opinion about Congressman Rahm Emanuel's initial public reluctance to accept the position as chief of staff for president-elect Obama. Emanuel has since accepted the post.

During the MSNBC interview, a suggestion was made that there might be turmoil within the new Obama administration, but Matthews refused to get drawn into the conversation, instead saying that as a reporter he was unwilling to "question motives." (See YouTube video)

Matthews: "Yeah, well, you know what? I want to do everything I can to make this thing work, this new presidency work, and I think that --

Scarborough: "Is that your job? You just talked about being a journalist!"

Matthews: "Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country...because this country needs a successful presidency."

Mark Finkelstein, a contributing editor at Newsbusters.org, believes Matthews is trying to accomplish two things, one being improving his ratings, which have risen the further to the left he goes.

"[Matthews] has publicly stated that he is interested in running for the United States Senate from the state of Pennsylvania in 2010," says Finkelstein. "It's the Arlen Specter seat -- and this is, I believe, Chris Matthews attempting to position himself for that...to ingratiate himself first of all with Democratic leaders in the state of Pennsylvania, and then potentially also with the Democratic primary electorate."

Finkelstein notes that panelists for MSNBC's election night coverage, including former Democratic Congressman Harold Ford, were even teasing Matthews about his strong affinity for Pennsylvania politics.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: NBC journalist: It's my job to see Obama succeed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 08:47:04 PM »
"Matthews: "Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country...because this country needs a successful presidency."
  treasonous stuff that :rolleyes:
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »
And he did everything he could to make George W Bush's presidency unsuccessful.  The word is LIBERAL!  PA is probably ready for a Chris Matthews.  They are becoming more and more liberal.  All he needs is strong Phila support and he's elected.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and let bush take some of the heat for his presidency
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »
I knew it was Matthews before I'd even seen the full report earlier today. The same Matthews who got a "tingle up his leg" when Obama speaks. He's so full of man-love for the guy that I'm surprised he didn't fly out to CA to scream and protest against Prop 8.

nico

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 10:06:10 PM »
I knew it was Matthews before I'd even seen the full report earlier today. The same Matthews who got a "tingle up his leg" when Obama speaks. He's so full of man-love for the guy that I'm surprised he didn't fly out to CA to scream and protest against Prop 8.

I don't know what you're talking about.  Matthews is completely impartial and never shows any political leanings, just like keith olberman. :O

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
The Obama campaign did bring some change after all....now the MSM is open and honest about their liberal bias....

Why do we ever believe these people, anyway?.... ???
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 12:18:12 AM »
Why do we ever believe these people, anyway?....
I learned about CNN during the Viet Nam war and MSNBC during the first Iraq war.  Watching their live reports and then listening to their written reports you coun't tell they were talking about the same thins, but there was just enought facts given that you could tell they were talking about the same incidents.

One example in the Viet Nam war they showed the natives standing on the streets, looking up at the B-52s going over, while reporting on how the the natives were petrefied with fear and scrambling for the bomb shelters.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 12:37:56 AM »
"I learned about CNN during the Viet Nam war and MSNBC during the first Iraq war."

HUH?

CNN wasn't formed and didn't take the air until 1980.

MSNBC wasn't founded until 1996.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 12:48:57 AM »
It Doesn't really matter which sequence I learned how they twisted the news, it does matter that I did.

nico

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 03:54:45 AM »
It Doesn't really matter which sequence I learned how they twisted the news, it does matter that I did.

WUT?

Is that like how it doesn't matter whether FDR went on TV during the depression in 1929; just that FDR went on TV and there was a depression. :O =D

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 04:07:36 AM »
Matthews: "Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country...because this country needs a successful presidency."
  treasonous stuff that

Not treasonous, just unethical.

His job is to report the facts to the public.  To not take what anyone tells him as gospel, and to unearth and share facts.  Without spin, or bias.  That's his job, and if he would do it it would actually help the country.

Unfortunatly, he has just said that he won't do his job, and as such his chances of helping the country have gone down drasticly.

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 06:24:38 AM »
One example in the Viet Nam war they showed the natives standing on the streets, looking up at the B-52s going over, while reporting on how the the natives were petrefied with fear and scrambling for the bomb shelters.

i missed that reporting

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »
"Is that like how it doesn't matter whether FDR went on TV during the depression in 1929; just that FDR went on TV and there was a depression."

No, but it is similar to how Abraham Lincoln created the internet as a means for campaigning and fund raising... :D

He campaigned and fund raised, right? RIGHT?  :laugh: :laugh:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 10:14:39 AM »
....and don't forget George Washington's first Presidential radio address....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »
Now you are going to tell me Washington wasn't a Conservative Republican.     :laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lacoochee

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »
Now you are going to tell me Washington wasn't a Conservative Republican.   

See now that's just stupid, he was a slave owner so he would have been a Democrat.
Deo Vindice

* "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 01:18:11 PM »
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and let bush take some of the heat for his presidency

It should be obvious that McCain, while far from the ideal Republican candidate (in my not-so-expert opinion), nonethelless started off with a HUGE monkey on his back thanks to Jorge. In fact, I'm wondering who the de facto "head" of the party is now, so I can write to him or her and express some thoughts.

Paramount is that the Repubs need to get back to the center. Jorge alienated (and lost) a lot of loyal Republicans and a lot of independents by his lack of support for the 2nd Amendment and, by extension, the Constitution. Perhaps in spite of the NRA or, more likely, because of the NRA, there's a perception that those who support the RKBA are "one issue" voters ... the angry Americans Obama sees as "clinging to guns and religion."

Guns (the RKBA) may be the bellweather, but it's really about more than just guns. It's about respecting and following the Constitution of the United States. It's about not turning police departments into paramilitary assault forces. It's about not allowing no-knock warrants to be used for misdemeanor offenses, and issuing such warrants on sloppy information that results in raids on the wrong houses, or the wrong people in the right house ... and people getting shot and killed as a result.

It's about not forcing citizens to loathe and fear their government.

What I want to ask is: Where is THAT Republican party? Until it resurfaces, the Repubs are no different from the Dems.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design