Author Topic: Christmas in Hollywood  (Read 1461 times)

Typhoon

• friend
Christmas in Hollywood
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:02:42 AM »
So, I have driven past this house regularly on my way into work at the Paramount Lot.  Now, normally, the guys just have the 15 or so (never really bothered to count) naked David statues in their front yard.  OooKaaay.  But the guys in the house have really outdone themselves for Christmas.

Now, if anyone can come up with a better example of sheer unadulterated bad taste, Id like to see it.  (On the other hand, maybe not&)  

This house has been literally stopping traffic on 3rd Street.  Hee.  Its even better at night.  Ill try to get a few snaps and post if my digital camera can handle it.

Merry Christmas from Hollywood.

Seriously, though, Best Wishes to All.

(But admittedly, it is rather funny...)

To the stars!

grampster

• friend
Christmas in Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 12:00:28 PM »
Any significance to the curb being painted red.  Christmas cheer?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

bermbuster

• friend
Christmas in Hollywood
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 12:01:51 PM »
One of my favorite holiday websites:

http://www.ridiculopathy.com/news_detail.php?id=143

Typhoon

• friend
Christmas in Hollywood
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 12:37:29 PM »
No significance to the red curb, grampster.  The house is just on the corner of 3rd and whatever.  However, the curb does add to the overall motif, doesnt it?  Smiley
To the stars!

matis

• friend
Christmas in Hollywood
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 01:19:19 PM »
Quote from: Typhoon
No significance to the red curb, grampster.  The house is just on the corner of 3rd and whatever.  However, the curb does add to the overall motif, doesnt it?  Smiley
Hey Typhoon!

There IS significance to the red-painted curb.  I used to live in Los Angeles -- in Hollywood at an apartment: 5234 Melrose Ave., near the corner of Melrose and Western.  Just a few blocks from Paramount.

Red curb means "no parking".

Yes, the red does blend into the motif.

I lived in Holywood for a few years, then moved to West Hollywood.  From the frying pan into the fire.

I had gay friends, a few close.  But only for awhile, 'cause in every case, they eventually hit on me.

I found myself saying to them the last thing I wanted to hear a woman to say to me: "I like you, but not in that way."  Ugh!  Like a punch in the solar plexus.

Who knew then how powerful the homosexuals would become, politically and culturally.

I believed in live and let live.

Now I just wish they would take the same attitude.

matis
Si vis pacem; para bellum.

Typhoon

• friend
Christmas in Hollywood
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 01:24:20 PM »
No holiday significance.  Yes, it does mean, "No parking."  As I said, the house is on the corner...

I'll try for the nighttime snaps on my way home tonight.

Edited to add:

BTW, this posting was in no way meant to be a commentary on lifestyle choices.  It's just a funny example of exceedingly bad taste.  Infer what you will from the display.  

FWIW, there is another REALLY tacky display on the same street.  There is no time to take daytime pictures, but I'll try to get a couple of nighttime ones.  

Hollywood does seem to bring out the -ahem- flamboyant in people...
To the stars!

Antibubba

• friend
Christmas in Hollywood
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 04:10:22 PM »
It reminds me of a David Letterman Top Ten List:  Top Ten Christmas Movies on Times Square.  Number 5-I'm not Rudolph, That's Not My Nose.

And the Number One...is: HOT BUTTERED ELVES!!

Hollywood-where "success" and "excess" mean the same thing.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.