Author Topic: Beards again, but not really&  (Read 876 times)

Typhoon

• friend
Beards again, but not really&
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:41:19 PM »
I followed the beard threads that have appeared on this board, but as a woman, I didnt have much to contribute.  Personally, I always thought that the attractiveness of facial hair depended on the face in question. 

Some guys look great with:

1)   Full beards

2)   Goatees

3)   Mustaches only

4)   None at all. 

It really depends on the guy.  (And also how fun to kiss and snuggle&)   cheesy

What I cant understand though, is this seeming trend of only having a small tuft of fur right below the lower lip.  I mean, what is that???  You missed a spot?  You want to remind yourself that you can grow facial hair, but&dont want the bother?  But then, whats the bother (or the point)? 

I dont know.  It just looks really dorky to me.

Thoughts?
To the stars!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Beards again, but not really&
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:47:14 PM »
Essentially, back in The Day, we called it a White Man Hater, because it tended to be flaunted by militant brothers. Now it tends to be flaunted by suburbanites.

Sigh.

Blog under construction

Snowdog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:46:13 PM »
I wonder about that sometimes too. 

Personally, I'd love to grow a full beard by my job forbids it.  However, I can have a mustache and I do.  That's a great thing as I find shaving above my upper lip is a pain sometimes (literally, I use a straight razor).

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:38:48 PM »
they do it to be unique, like everyone else.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:51:48 AM »
Isn't that known as a soul patch?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

client32

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:52:33 AM »
It is the only spot that facial hair grows for me.  OK, maybe not the only spot, but there isn't much a chance for any beard on me.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

JonnyB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 05:46:59 AM »
After wearing a large 'stache for ~7-8 years, I cut it off last week. 48 hours later it was under construction again. I'm >50, age-wise, and balding. I keep my remaining hair cut close to my scalp. Not shaved, just cut as close as a standard clipper will cut.

My wife insisted I grow back the cookie-duster. She said it would be different if I had hair but there's too much face and head to be completely clear-cut.

Besides, I look like my dad without it. And he's old!

jb
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!