Author Topic: Guessing the real numbers in the DC march  (Read 8872 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Guessing the real numbers in the DC march
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »
Maybe the Park Service operates under the same philosophy that Massachusets does when it comes to picking a replacement for a senator.  They passed a law to prohibit the Republican Guv from picking one when Kerry might step up and out.  They just voted yesterday to rescind that law.  Funny how that works, eh?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »
You seem surprised.  What else would you expect from a place like Massachusetts?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »
obama inauguration:

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
obama inauguration:
http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox//inaugdc.jpg

Really?

Wow, from the reports I thought it was massive. It's nothing to sneeze at, but it's not even close to the Promise Keeper's event.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »
Maybe the Park Service operates under the same philosophy that Massachusets does

You have no idea how close you are to the truth.

Everything NPS does is the exact, 180 degree opposite, of common sense. And straying outside of the law? No biggie, so long as you don't get caught.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 04:36:16 PM »
Really?

Wow, from the reports I thought it was massive. It's nothing to sneeze at, but it's not even close to the Promise Keeper's event.

Yip!
Thats the inauguration

Funny thing the 2nd clump from the right is the size of the 1999 MMM rally
& they claimed that was 750,000 people:

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 11:56:02 AM »
Anyone found aerial photos of the Tea Party yet?
Formerly sumpnz

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
It'd be nice if protestors were so angered by the "what protest" from the WH and the coverup by the media, that they staged an even bigger event next year.  Perhaps one around April 15 would be appropriate.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
they could show up with 100,000 people on a wednesday and stay till friday at ~4:15 PM

their impact would be noticed

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »
They made a mistake waiting for April 15th this year, after the Tea Parties kicked off in February.  I don't know how long it takes to plan another D.C. event, but I hope they strike while the iron is still hot; historically significant dates notwithstanding.  Then  again, Thanksgiving is a good, patriotic holiday.  At least then, there wouldn't be so much coverage of the nuts that keep trying to turn Thanksgiving into White Guilt Day. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »
they could show up with 100,000 people on a wednesday and stay till friday at ~4:15 PM

their impact would be noticed

That's been tried before.  The feds sent in the Army to break it up, along with some heads.

guns and more

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 01:22:39 AM »
The number of people who converged on Washington, D.C., on Saturday to protest big government, high taxes and out-of-control federal spending is a matter of media speculation because no government agency makes official estimates of crowd sizes for such events.
Yeah, but they didn't have any problem telling everyone that 1.4 million people came to Obama's inaugration, and many wanted to attend the historic event but couldn't.