Author Topic: Horrible case law for horrible people  (Read 8549 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Horrible case law for horrible people
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
I'm sorta amazed how a paramilitary operation is needed over a few stray cows  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2014, 11:13:39 AM »
I'm sorta amazed how a paramilitary operation is needed over a few stray cows  ;/

When rights are outlawed only outlaws have rights.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2014, 11:29:37 AM »

I like this!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »

The heart of anarchy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Horrible case law for horrible people
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »

I think it was sad. I bet brossart will be a lil smarter. And if not hes got 30 months waiting for him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »
I do have to wonder what kind of "rancher" doesn't understand basic western livestock law and etiquette  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
I do have to wonder what kind of "rancher" doesn't understand basic western livestock law and etiquette  ;/

the voices led him astray.
plus he'd been bullying his neighbors for years
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »
the voices led him astray.
plus he'd been bullying his neighbors for years

I'm surprised the neighbors didn't take care of the problem  ;)

Almost sounds like a "New York" rancher that moved into the area.  =|

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
He was NOT "terrorizing police." ;/ [barf]  They're an effing SWAT team.  Are they now going to throw "terrorizing police" at anyone that resists arrest while holed up at home?

Yep. Abuse of the 'T' word is the new norm.

Read the news with any semblance of regularity and you're certain to encounter any number of cases in which a single person who has threatened ONE other person has been charged with "terroristic threatening" -- even if the person making the threat didn't threaten to use anything more "menacing" than his fists. This is what I refer to as prosecutorial over-reach. The actual crime is "threatening," but "terroristic threatening" just sounds so much more serious and dangerous and bad and evil and naughty that the aw-thaw-ri-tays can't stop themselves from using it. And in most of the cases the judges don't have the cajones to tell the prosecutor that the charge doesn't make sense, either charge properly or go home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
Re:
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 05:06:07 PM »
Except this law and charge hss nothin to do with any new norm. Its older than you are

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 08:56:10 AM »
"Terrorizing Police".. even when they are the ones kicking down your front door.

Kind of like "assaulting an Officer's bullets" with your head.

But it's all Ok... because 9/11 you fools!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

• friends
Re:
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
Except thats not the case with this law. Real life is harsh like that

here are the statutes
http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t12-1c17.pdf?20140119095627

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:05:48 AM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

• friends