Author Topic: TSA to Increase Random Searches  (Read 3778 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
TSA to Increase Random Searches
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:21:45 AM »
I wonder if the definition of "random" has changed, or if it will still be white women in their 70s and kids?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/14/feds-order-random-searches-in-airports-after-al-qaeda-publishes-new-bomb-recipe/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Phyphor

• friend
Re: TSA to Increase Random Searches
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 10:28:22 AM »
More random college girl boob grabbage, ahoy!

"Ma'am, I'ma gonna have to search your bra and panties on account of those being double D's and you having a really nice butt. "
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:19 AM »
I wonder if the definition of "random" has changed, or if it will still be white women in their 70s and kids?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/14/feds-order-random-searches-in-airports-after-al-qaeda-publishes-new-bomb-recipe/
The secret guidelines will no doubt be for these searches to exclude people wearing burkas, hijabs, chadors, turbans, keffiyehs, beards, etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:39:19 PM »
NCIS last night had part of the story line is that a couple of guys were able to get plastic 3D printed firearms through security.  Only metal in them was the firing pin which was a roofing nail. 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 02:04:33 PM »
I'm not sure it is random at all.

I haven't used commercial airlines much since 9/11 but I've been pulled aside and patted down several times. More than 50% of my trips so I guess 25% or so of the flights.

White middle aged male flying alone. Is the government sharing gun ownership data with TSA to facilitate the randomness?  [tinfoil]
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
Meanwhile, at TSA's secret volcano lair headquarters...

"Sir, that we're doing isn't working!"

"Looks like it's time to do it even harder!"
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 05:31:52 PM »
Obviously we need moar this:

And this:

Otherwise the Trrrrrrrrrrrrrists will win.

YEAH Kabuki Security Theater !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 08:19:17 PM »
I recently flew out of Narita, and security was so easy that I thought I missed it somehow. There were no lines and no herding factor. Nobody checked my boarding pass with a UV pen or even checked my ID. I just had to walk through an old-fashioned metal detector with my shoes, belt, and jacket still on. And they saw I had a camera bag and offered to hand-check my film without me even asking. And they were cute too. I thought this must be some preliminary carry-on bag security pre-check or something, but that was it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 10:45:49 PM »
I recently flew out of Narita, and security was so easy that I thought I missed it somehow. There were no lines and no herding factor. Nobody checked my boarding pass with a UV pen or even checked my ID. I just had to walk through an old-fashioned metal detector with my shoes, belt, and jacket still on. And they saw I had a camera bag and offered to hand-check my film without me even asking. And they were cute too. I thought this must be some preliminary carry-on bag security pre-check or something, but that was it.
Ha, A friend of mine came through there last year after diving in chuck lagoon. They kept referring to his rebreather as the bomby looking thingy.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »

I once had a 12 hour layover at Narita(was it Narita in 1985?) Flying TWA from Manila to Honolulu.  Couldn't leave the terminal area. That sucked. On the positive side my ships Yeoman made a "mistake" and accidentally booked me 1st class from Tokyo to Honolulu.

But, yes I predict TSA will double or triple down on the security theater antics and probably increase the scope.of their jurisdiction to some insane degree.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 11:55:22 PM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 11:45:36 PM »
There were obviously so many terrorist attacks on US aviation last year, requiring that we increase the random checks.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
Ha, A friend of mine came through there last year after diving in chuck lagoon.  . . .
Sure it wasn't "Truk" rather than "chuck"?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »
Sure it wasn't "Truk" rather than "chuck"?

You've never heard of Chuck Lagoon? Check your geography dude - it's right next to Ted's Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhwM_vVQLxo
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 11:25:01 AM »
The secret guidelines will no doubt be for these searches to exclude people wearing burkas, hijabs, chadors, turbans, keffiyehs, beards, etc.

Another good reason to keep the beard and buy a couple more keffiyehs.

(Darn handy things to have around; make it into a scarf, hood, oven mitt, diaper, snotrag, towel, bandage or pillow as needed.)

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 01:07:13 PM »
Searches need to be less random and much more directly targeted.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »

But that would be racist and profiling.  Can't do that even if Israel has done so for decades with much success. 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »
that's a feature not a bug

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »

YES! Target the crews. Oh wait, that is already being done.  ;/
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 09:55:34 PM »
But that would be racist and profiling.  Can't do that even if Israel has done so for decades with much success. 

You don't want our system.

Not if you value any concept of rights and freedoms and dignity.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 10:25:49 PM »
You don't want our system.

Not if you value any concept of rights and freedoms and dignity.

That's odd since it's regularly held in some circles as " the right way"

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 10:32:22 PM »
The Israel which many American Internet users imagine is sadly very different from the country I actually inhabit.

• friends
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:36 PM »
Yes it is and I thank you for that education.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 01:12:29 AM »
The Israel which many American Internet users imagine is sadly very different from the country I actually inhabit.

That goes both ways of course.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 06:22:23 AM »
YES! Target the crews. Oh wait, that is already being done.  ;/

Well, we all know that the crews are not to be trusted flying a multimillion dollar jet around full of passengers.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 06:43:22 AM »

Granted my experience in Israel is but for one night in Tel-Aviv waiting to fly out from when I was stationed on the Sinai.  But for that one night I did enjoy walking around and talking to the locals.  When I got to the airport and was going through security I had no less than three different agents ask me the same question two or three times, just worded differently, seeing if I was consistent in my answers, and I was a US Service Member.  Imagine if I was a threat.