Author Topic: TSA to Increase Random Searches  (Read 3779 times)

erictank

• friends
Re: TSA to Increase Random Searches
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 11:49:38 AM »
Well, we all know that the crews are not to be trusted flying a multimillion dollar jet around full of passengers.

It's absolutely CRUCIAL that the people at the controls of said plane not be permitted to bring on board a personal steak knife identical to those included with first-class food service. They might do something DANGEROUS with it! ;/

(For those inclined to wonder, a passenger-jet pilot on FlyerTalk's forum a few years back told of being stopped for just such an "offense". He was allowed to "surrender" the knife and continue on through security to get to and fly the plane without further incident.
Miraculously, the plane made it to its destination without issue.)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 11:47:15 PM »
Buddy of mine flys for Untied (yes, I spelled it correctly) out of ORD.  A few years back one of the TSA agents stopped them and made them go through the whole no shoes, etc BS.  He was an Armed Flight Officer and had it with him in it's case.  The TSA agent just about hada cow and was refusing to let him take it on the plane because "He might try to take it over."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 06:47:18 AM »
Even more stupidity is not letting military carry knives on a military charter.  Only people on the flight besides the crew are going to or from the sand box and not going to be on any other planes.  :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »
Even more stupidity is not letting military carry knives on a military charter.  Only people on the flight besides the crew are going to or from the sand box and not going to be on any other planes.

But they might try to hijack the plane and divert it to some third world...oh, yeah.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
You don't want our system.

Not if you value any concept of rights and freedoms and dignity.

Yeah, our institutionalized sexual assault/ child molestation system is much better.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 09:51:08 PM »
Sure it wasn't "Truk" rather than "chuck"?
I spelled it wrong.
Chuuk Lagoon, also known as Truk Lagoon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuuk_Lagoon
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:58 AM »
Yeah, our institutionalized sexual assault/ child molestation system is much better.

Yes, it is.

Because our doesn't do the profiling instead of the body searches, but in addition to them.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
Your eyewitness testimony does NOT feed the popular narrative

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 12:42:19 PM »
Yes, it is.

Because our doesn't do the profiling instead of the body searches, but in addition to them.

Which causes me to ask about the type of person hired for Israel's equivalent of the TSA, Micro.  I suspect they are much better trained and more professional than most in the TSA.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »
Which causes me to ask about the type of person hired for Israel's equivalent of the TSA, Micro.  I suspect they are much better trained and more professional than most in the TSA.

Except for the subset that are actually draftees.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »
Ouch.

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »
Worse, at least some of them are MAGAV draftees.

• friends
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »
You are determined to crush illusions aren't you