Author Topic: Why Trump is Popular  (Read 4166 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Why Trump is Popular
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 03:09:52 PM »
I find it funny how he does not speak of Employers being the real problem regarding illegal immigration. Listen, if no one hired them, they wouldn't come. Not in those numbers.

Well, they aren't the real problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what with the minimum wage laws, fee's and paperwork and whatnot for the IRS and other expenses associated with hiring and maintaining employees legally, someone who works under the table might be all those employers can afford and still make some sort of profit.

And the scope of how much illegals can get work shows how many jobs are out there that just don't make the grade for doing it the 'right' way.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 03:25:24 PM »
The way I've seen Trump from the get go is as someone who's just stirring the pot to see what floats to the top and he'll pull out once he's done enough damage to the established status quo of politics.
The fact that he's gained so much more traction this time around just shows how fragile that system has gotten in the last few years.
I think he'll do the same as last time, and pull out when someone he thinks is worth supporting comes along, but only after the damage he does gives that person the momentum to keep going.

Who did he back last time?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 03:39:04 PM »
For years the Republicans have been seen as the lesser evil. They sold themselves as the party who would incrementally bring us back to greatness just as the Democrats incrementally chipped away at our greatness. If we kept putting them in office they would steer the ship rightward. Lying bastards.

Many on the right have woken up from that fever dream delusion. They now realize the Republicans and Democrats are mostly on the same team. There is no lesser evil between them as they are just different heads on the body of the same hydra.

Donald Trump doesn't seem to be on that team or part of the same monster. He is on a different team, a competing "monster". He is an old school capitalist who isn't ashamed to work the system put in place by others (crony-capitalism). He is not one of our bureaucratic elites but a a modern American robber baron.

It has come to the point where the CS Lewis quote (prophecy) is coming true.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

The busy bodies of the left are tormenting us with the religious zeal only found in true believers who are convinced they are on the "right side of God/history/etc " and have grasped the power to fulfill their Utopian visions.

The Donald is seen as one who would only bother himself with strengthening the US economy and position in the world...making it easier for his ilk to prosper.

Hat tip to Orthosphere for pointing this out to me.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »
The way I've seen Trump from the get go is as someone who's just stirring the pot to see what floats to the top and he'll pull out once he's done enough damage to the established status quo of politics.
The fact that he's gained so much more traction this time around just shows how fragile that system has gotten in the last few years.
I think he'll do the same as last time, and pull out when someone he thinks is worth supporting comes along, but only after the damage he does gives that person the momentum to keep going.

And I'll enjoy it to the hilt. It's fun to see the major news media scrambling over his antics.
I've evened the odds of him pulling out from about 90/10 to 50/50.

He's gone a lot further than he did last time, is gaining an increasing number of people who love his ass, and generally seems to be enjoying the piss out of himself.

And it's scary that I find myself increasingly convinced I'd take him long before a large number of the folks running. He's damn sure not ideal, but he's actually some of what we need. Perhaps not for the right reasons, but I'll take what we can get.

Besides a minimum of four years with him in the big chair would be quality entertainment. I'm just picturing the SOTU addresses we could get out of him...
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »
Romney
He's probably pissed Romney lost, therefor couldn't provide what was promised, so he's adopted an "anything you wont done right" attitude this time  =D
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »
Okay, I gotta give the guy props now. I was just flipping channels and saw him kick Jorge Ramos (of Univision, with an ego ten times bigger than Trump's) out of his press conference because Ramos kept talking over Trump and other reporters without waiting for his turn. 

I guarantee no other candidate would have done that for fear of being labeled un-pc, bigoted against Latinos, or what have you.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »
Okay, I gotta give the guy props now. I was just flipping channels and saw him kick Jorge Ramos (of Univision, with an ego ten times bigger than Trump's) out of his press conference because Ramos kept talking over Trump and other reporters without waiting for his turn. 

I guarantee no other candidate would have done that for fear of being labeled un-pc, bigoted against Latinos, or what have you.

It'll get spun by the libtard media, but Ramos was being downright rude, (and stealing time from other reporters following accepted practice). Trump subsequently let him return and, IMO, smoked him in direct debate.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 10:38:54 PM »
I don't see him dropping out anytime soon.  Every time he says or does something un-PC he gains in the polls.   He still has to last to next November, but right now, I'll predict a bloodbath in Iowa and NH.  By the time SC's primary rolls around I'd be surprised if there are 5 R's left.

On the D side. If Hillary hasn't been indicted, she'll win in Iowa,  Bernie will take NH, I think Hillary will take SC and her and Bernie will trade states.  If Hillary is forced out, Warren jumps in and the 'tard faction goes apeshit in love.   She combines the worst of both Bernie and Hillary.  And goes down to defeat ala Carter v Reagan.

While I will readily admit Trump is far from perfect, he's one of only five I would vote for (Cruz, Fiorina, Paul and Carson)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
I don't see him dropping out anytime soon.  Every time he says or does something un-PC he gains in the polls.   He still has to last to next November, but right now, I'll predict a bloodbath in Iowa and NH.  By the time SC's primary rolls around I'd be surprised if there are 5 R's left.

On the D side. If Hillary hasn't been indicted, she'll win in Iowa,  Bernie will take NH, I think Hillary will take SC and her and Bernie will trade states.  If Hillary is forced out, Warren jumps in and the 'tard faction goes apeshit in love.   She combines the worst of both Bernie and Hillary.  And goes down to defeat ala Carter v Reagan.

While I will readily admit Trump is far from perfect, he's one of only five I would vote for (Cruz, Fiorina, Paul and Carson)

One of two (maybe three) for me:
Trump
Cruz...though I wish he had executive experience.
Maybe Walker...if he doesn't squish out like he has been recently.

Ticket for greatest hilarity and lefty butthurt: Trump/Cruz

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 12:21:50 AM »
I don't see him dropping out anytime soon.  Every time he says or does something un-PC he gains in the polls.   He still has to last to next November, but right now, I'll predict a bloodbath in Iowa and NH.  By the time SC's primary rolls around I'd be surprised if there are 5 R's left.

On the D side. If Hillary hasn't been indicted, she'll win in Iowa,  Bernie will take NH, I think Hillary will take SC and her and Bernie will trade states.  If Hillary is forced out, Warren jumps in and the 'tard faction goes apeshit in love.   She combines the worst of both Bernie and Hillary.  And goes down to defeat ala Carter v Reagan.

hey you left out poor Joe

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Why Trump is Popular
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 10:36:09 AM »
One of two (maybe three) for me:
Trump
Cruz...though I wish he had executive experience.
Maybe Walker...if he doesn't squish out like he has been recently.

Ticket for greatest hilarity and lefty butthurt: Trump/Cruz
Cruz is smarter than that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 09:56:06 AM »
A smidgen of amusement....

From a poster  (not me) on another board:

President Trump starts sounding pretty good. He could change his name to 'None of the Above' Trump and guarantee his election.

:rofl:

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.