Author Topic: Raquel Welch dead at 82  (Read 304 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Raquel Welch dead at 82
« on: February 15, 2023, 05:07:42 PM »
Raquel Welch, best known as 'Jugs' in 'Mother, Jugs and Speed', is dead at age 82. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Raquel Welch dead at 82
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 05:30:30 PM »
I have never seen or heard of that movie until now.  I seem to remember her in a couple of Westerns; I see 100 Rifles and Bandolero! on her movie list. 

One Million B.C. was the most memorable growing up since it had monsters and girls in fur bikinis.  That is probably the movie I think of when her name comes up.  Looks like it is one of her earliest movies. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 05:33:59 PM »
Raquel Welch, best known as 'Jugs' in 'Mother, Jugs and Speed', is dead at age 82.

It was best known to us since it came out in 1976 when the Fire Department sponsored me for EMT training, and all of us trainees went out as a group to the theater to watch this movie about EMTs.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 05:50:13 PM »
I think she's better known for other movies, like One Million Years BC, Fantastic Voyage, Fathom, and (as already mentioned) a couple of westerns.

Saw her just a couple of years ago being interviewed on TV and thought she looked pretty good for her age - but I could tell she wasn't a young bombshell any more. Time catches up to us all.  =(

R.I.P.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 07:53:47 PM »
I remember her fondly from The Three Musketeers and the Four Musketeers with Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Charlton Heston, and Michael York.

Fun movies.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 10:56:16 PM »
I remember her fondly from The Three Musketeers and the Four Musketeers with Oliver Reed, Richard Chamberlain, Charlton Heston, and Michael York.

Fun movies.
I heard some of the stars didn't even know they'd done the Four Musketeers - seems their contract said something like the "Musketeer Project" and they shot enough film that they were able to splice the cuttings together and make a second movie . . . without paying the talent for the second movie.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 08:56:32 AM »
It was best known to us since it came out in 1976 when the Fire Department sponsored me for EMT training, and all of us trainees went out as a group to the theater to watch this movie about EMTs.
I looked up the trailer for that movie.  Maybe it is the way the narrator did the lines as if it was a (very long) radio announcement, but it didn't make me want to go watch it.    =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0AXfi2vArE
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 10:16:20 AM »
^^^1976 was a different time and we were more easily amused without the Internet.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023, 10:41:51 AM »
I looked up the trailer for that movie.  Maybe it is the way the narrator did the lines as if it was a (very long) radio announcement, but it didn't make me want to go watch it.    =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0AXfi2vArE

"A girl with tremendous...'ambitions'"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2023, 10:44:26 AM »
......Tracts of land
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes