Author Topic: Over-the-top advertising?  (Read 311 times)

HankB

• friend
Over-the-top advertising?
« on: January 23, 2024, 10:57:57 AM »
I came across this image at the Kohl's department store website - that really seems to be manufactured at a remarkably high temperature!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Over-the-top advertising?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 11:28:55 AM »
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:40:58 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 11:32:17 AM »
Yeah, my body temperature has been around 98.6°F for 85 years.

So that makes it 85 X 98.6 X 365.25 = 3,061,160.25°F.

My goodness, I could start a nuclear fusion reaction between argon and tellurium !

But let's not forget the purpose of the ad was not technical accuracy, but attention-cementing.  Which it did.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 11:49:24 AM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 11:36:07 AM »
Here they are on Amazon
People seems to like them

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-C30030-NeverStick-Premium-Hard-Anodized/dp/B089TQWJB8?th=1

NEVERSTICK DIFFERENCE: Won’t stick, chip or flake. Super-heated at 30,000°F, plasma ceramic particles are fused to the surface of the pan, creating a super-hard, textured surface that interlocks with our exclusive coating for a superior bond.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 11:17:14 PM »
Do they use it in wearing parts in machinery?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 11:40:40 PM »
I doubt the aluminum pan under that coating is going to survive much over 1200°F
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 12:17:47 AM »
Hmm... "Max manufacturing temperature"  "plasma ceramic particles"

This feels like "Yes it's a crazy high temperature in the sense of electron volts accelerating material and smashing it into the pan in some charged vapor deposition process"  Not so much macro temperature in a furnace temperature, but kinetic energy of a particle temperature.

I'm going to wait for someone who's had more physics to flesh it out more.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 12:19:16 AM »
Aluminum gets kinda smooshie long before it actually melts.  Titanium is mo bettah at 3034 Fahrenheit.

I understand from me Mommy that nothing beats seasoned cast iron.  I caught (minor) hell for using soap to wash one of hers.  She rinsed it carefully, poured some oil in it, put it on the stove until it smoked and flamed a little, then rinsed it off again with a wiping and put it away.

(Just noticed it; very good, Nick1911. :rofl: )

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 08:49:08 AM »
Hmm... "Max manufacturing temperature"  "plasma ceramic particles"

This feels like "Yes it's a crazy high temperature in the sense of electron volts accelerating material and smashing it into the pan in some charged vapor deposition process"  Not so much macro temperature in a furnace temperature, but kinetic energy of a particle temperature.

I'm going to wait for someone who's had more physics to flesh it out more.
That is what I thought.  Somewhere in the process might be a peak temp that high, maybe.  Seems like and odd thing to throw in your advertising.  Too many people are going to assume you are lying.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 03:01:01 PM »
I don't know enough about plasma deposition to have an informed opinion, but if they're vaporizing ceramic particles by (somehow) heating them up to 30,000 degrees . . . well, even if it's a thin vapor (plasma) so there's not that much actual heat there, wouldn't most chemical compounds break down if they actually were at that temperature? And if they're just accelerating them to high speed, is it really industry standard practice to assign a temperature?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain