Author Topic: G Force Shotguns at Classic Firearms...  (Read 1201 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
G Force Shotguns at Classic Firearms...
« on: October 08, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »
Anyone familiar with these?

I'm assuming they're Turkish manufacture, but I'm not finding much of anything to indicate quality or reliability.

They have a semi-auto 12-gauge for right around $400, and I'm really wondering if that little amount of money buys you anything even remotely attractive in a semi-auto.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: G Force Shotguns at Classic Firearms...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 02:16:41 PM »
Shotguns are the one thing that is very hard to find even online.  I want a Mossberg 500 self defense shotgun, but they have been constantly out of stock for months. 

I wish I could help on this shotgun.  I have eyed some of the off brands I see for sale, but didn't want to take a chance on them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 02:24:17 PM »
Shotguns are the one thing that is very hard to find even online. 

That's interesting, because shotgun ammo is the one thing every gun store seems to have pallets of - at least around here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 02:29:01 PM »
I'm not interested in buying one, really. I just got the Classic Firearms advertisement in my e-mail and was just curious.

I'm pretty well set for shotguns -- I have a couple of pumps in 12 gauge (Ithaca, Smith & Wesson, and Winchester), a semi-auto in 12 gauge (Remington), and a double in 20 gauge (Stevens).

The only shotgun I'd really be tempted to buy right now is an older Ithaca Model 37 in 20 gauge with the corncob forearm to match my Dad's 37 in 12 gauge.

Forgot I also have an Ithaca 66 Super Single in 20 gauge... that kicks like a freaking mule.

And I have my Great Grandfather's Ithaca New Gun in 12 gauge that needs some serious restoration. I keep meaning to send it away to be restored and made shootable, just haven't gotten around to it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 02:35:40 PM »
Never heard of them but I’ve seen random Turkish and Chinese brands before show up for good prices. Usually they seem to be clones of better known brands

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 02:47:44 PM »
Shotguns are the one thing that is very hard to find even online.  I want a Mossberg 500 self defense shotgun, but they have been constantly out of stock for months. 

I wish I could help on this shotgun.  I have eyed some of the off brands I see for sale, but didn't want to take a chance on them.

I want this CZ in 12 or 20 and I can have it in my hands in less than a week. I don't have it because I can't decide between 12 or 20.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 02:50:25 PM »
Mtnbkr has one of the CZs in 20 gauge. Not sure if it's the Bobwhite or one of the other versions. It's quite nice, I've shot it a number of times.

I was seriously considering getting one in 28 gauge before I managed to land my Stevens 20 gauge double.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 02:56:24 PM »
Mtnbkr has one of the CZs in 20 gauge. Not sure if it's the Bobwhite or one of the other versions. It's quite nice, I've shot it a number of times.

I was seriously considering getting one in 28 gauge before I managed to land my Stevens 20 gauge double.

I shotgun hunt everything with a Benelli SBE, been thinking about something different for upland birds. I had an old Stevens Springfield (311) 12 gauge before I had the Beretta Pintail before my Benelli. I miss the sxs chasing ditch parrots.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 02:59:23 PM »
I have a DeHaan SxS in 12 gauge. Basically a Huglu from Turkey. DeHaan would buy the Huglus from their custom shop, then do some "finish work" on them and sell them as DeHaan. It's a sweet shotgun and has been my go to upland and skeet gun for going on 20 years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
That's interesting, because shotgun ammo is the one thing every gun store seems to have pallets of - at least around here.
I have seen pallets of hunting ammo, but less buck shot or slugs.  Everyone has a bunch of hunting shotguns, but the only defensive shotguns are off brands.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 03:01:49 PM »
I had no idea the Turkish Huglus had been around for that long.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 03:04:32 PM »
I have seen pallets of hunting ammo, but less buck shot or slugs.  Everyone has a bunch of hunting shotguns, but the only defensive shotguns are off brands.  

Yeah, I've been running into the same thing. I waited a little too long to refresh my defensive ammo stock, but I have a ton of 00 and No. 4 buck in 12 gauge, as well as some heavy pheasant loads in either 4 or 5 shot (but which are ANCIENT).

As for availability of defensive shotguns...

Have a bird gun and a hacksaw? You have a defensive shotgun!  :rofl:

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »
Yeah, I've been running into the same thing. I waited a little too long to refresh my defensive ammo stock, but I have a ton of 00 and No. 4 buck in 12 gauge, as well as some heavy pheasant loads in either 4 or 5 shot (but which are ANCIENT).

As for availability of defensive shotguns...

Have a bird gun and a hacksaw? You have a defensive shotgun!  :rofl:

Since Iowa has allowed straight wall cartridges for deer hunting, I am thinking about turning my old slug gun into a fur hunting gun (bobcats and 'yotes), it is impossible to find a 18-22" smooth bore barrel with rifle sights and remchoke for my 870. Carlson's makes them but they are way deep out of stock. I don't want a fixed choke either.

Uranus is a gas giant.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 07:59:21 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB0pliqHfi0

You could always try wax slugs.  Looks pretty impressive. 

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
I make what I've called "birdslugs".

I have a Saiga 12s with drum magazines that gets expensive to feed. And my club doesn't allow shot on the rifle/pistol line where you plink. They allow #8 shot on steel in the action bays though. So I needed a supply of "plinking slugs".

So without a supply of shotgun loading components, (now I have tons) I took to buying the Wallyworld 100 round Federal bulk packs, prying open the crimp, dumping the shot and recasting it as 1oz Foster slugs using a Lee mold, and re-loading/re-crimping them using a Lee Load-All II.

The Lee 1oz Foster slug mold is .69 caliber so it fits in a standard shot cup inside the shell so you don't need any unusual wads.

And since the shells are 1-1/8oz of shot, a 1oz slug doesn't create any pressure issues. And a slug doesn't obdurate the bore/squeeze sideways on firing as much as shot does. Not the most accurate things out there, I wouldn't hunt with them, but for high capacity blasting/plinking ammo, or at house/room distances they'll do the job.
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 11:46:21 PM »
This place may have a few defensive shotguns for sale, I saw a few in their facebook pics.

http://hardygunandloanburlington.com/

Uranus is a gas giant.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 08:57:25 PM »
Products:
snip....
Guitars
Tools
Snap-Ons
Instruments
Redlin Prints
....snip

Not sure I want to know ......

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2020, 11:28:13 PM »
Not sure I want to know ......

Brand of mechanics tools

Uranus is a gas giant.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »
Yep, I own a few Snap-on tools.  Never refered to them as Snap-ons...