Author Topic: Jon Kyl: Obama not securing border on purpose  (Read 4394 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Jon Kyl: Obama not securing border on purpose
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:07:31 PM »
http://www.thefoxnation.com/sen-jon-kyl/2010/06/21/senator-obama-told-me-hes-not-securing-border-purpose

Listen to the video in the top-most video.

While it's not possible for it to happen in a Dem-controlled Congress... could a Republican Congress Impeach a President for such actions, when he admits to those actions with a US Senator as a witness?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Jon Kyl: Obama not securing border on purpose
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38789.html

The White House denies Kyl's accusation.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:16:07 PM »
The words are in dispute, the actions aren't.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what was the excuse for not securing the border prior to Obama?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »
Washington bull-puckie.  Same as always.

Bush II trying to buy votes from R's that benefit from cheap labor (industrialized mega farms mostly).  And maybe get some of the illegal vote, too.

All these people will sell us out.
--Lysander Spooner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:18:33 PM »
There are some things that can't be sold.  This is going to be one of them. 
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 05:16:34 AM »
I wonder what the WH tapes say? Senator Kyl could subpoena them, I'd bet.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »

TC
I think they quit taping things in the Oval Office after Nixon.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »
I spoke to a liberal I  know about the "shake-down" of BP and the purported Kyl-Obama confab.  This lib didn't see anything wrong.  "That's just politics, normal, everyone does it all the time."

True enough.  But not in a Constitutional Republic with laws, in a banana republic.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »

TC
Speaking of tapes, I wonder what the DC laws, and political rules, say about recording devices. If I was a poli-critter in DC, I would always have an audio recorder with me for this very reason.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
Well, given that DC is a Federal enclave run by Congress, I imagine any "local" laws would pose no problems for the Ubermensches.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 06:59:40 PM »
We know DC gun laws don't apply to senators.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »
We know DC gun laws don't apply to senators.
fxd
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »
Anyone really believe that all Oval Office chats aren't recorded?

If Obama could prove that Kyl were lying, you can damn well bet he'd be adducing that evidence.  He knows very well what he said and why he said it.

Now we hear--just rumors so far--that Obama's considering using an Executive Order for a de facto amnesty?  I'd like to think he wouldn't dare.  But I think he would.  He's willing to bet his crown on our apathy and acceptance of authority.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 11:30:07 PM »
Obama not securing border on purpose

Like, duh.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 06:40:06 AM »
If I was a poli-critter in DC, I would always have an audio recorder with me for this very reason.

Local regs be damned, I'd do the same very quietly, and make arrangements to have the "Greatest Hits" selection posted to every major filesharing site immediately upon my death.  Even if the recording isn't admissible in court, there's a certain pleasure in proving that someone who calls you a liar is, in fact, lying themselves.

Fortunately, TX is a one-party consent state, though I have a few amusing covert recordings of people telling me otherwise.   :laugh:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 08:33:23 AM »
I've heard that Bush actually did take steps to ramp up enforcement.  With all the regulations involved, the President does NOT have the power to just say "SO IT SHALL BE" and it happens. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »
More interesting, to me anyway, is whether Obama plans an end-run around Congress and will use an executive order to de facto amnesty illegal aliens.  I'd say he wouldn't dare, but I think he would.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
More interesting, to me anyway, is whether Obama plans an end-run around Congress and will use an executive order to de facto amnesty illegal aliens.  I'd say he wouldn't dare, but I think he would.

I'm sure he would dare. I doubt he can, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »
Can't?  Who is going to stop him?  The same GOP that can't stop Kagan?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.