Author Topic: Biden to shop owner asking for lower taxes: "Don't be a smart ass."  (Read 6260 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
VP Joe Biden visits a frozen custard shop in Milwaukee, WI.  After mistakenly calling it an ice cream shop, schmoozing with and scooping frozen treats for the clientele, Biden serves himself a frozen cone of yogurt.  Taking a lick, he asks the manager what he owes him.  The manager says lower our taxes and we'll call it even.  The subject line tells you what Biden said next.
I ask you, who's the smart ass?  ;/

The link is to the report and video on Real Clear Politics.

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Biden to shop owner asking for lower taxes: "Don't be a smart ass."
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »
Who did you say? Bite me?   :lol:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »
I was sure Barry would lose the election picking such a jerk as his running mate, the only thing I can think of it must be insurance- I actually want Barry healthy-just to keep Biden out of the WH
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:04:42 AM »
What's with presidents or vice-presidents going to custard stands in Milwaukee? Back in the 90's Clinton went to Leon's Custard stand. The owner of the place is ultra-right-wing, and let Clinton know how he felt.

Clinton called it "ice cream," too.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 02:51:06 AM »
Disrespect me in my place of business?  GTFO.  Now.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »
By such stray remarks are elections lost.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »
By such stray remarks are elections lost.

That's what I thought two years ago.  57 states, clinging bitterly, spread the wealth around, Kissinger is my homeboy, etc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 09:12:11 PM »
Disrespect me in my place of business?  GTFO.  Now.
Amen.  Whats wrong with people anymore? 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »
Clinton called it "ice cream," too.

Depends on what the meaning of it is...?   :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 10:00:28 PM »
? White House visitor notice: Please keep your ice cream custard in the cone while in the Oval Office ?
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 10:38:25 PM »
That's what I thought two years ago.  57 states, clinging bitterly, spread the wealth around, Kissinger is my homeboy, etc.

I know, I know, but it's not two years ago.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 04:18:12 AM »
I really wish the vile, arrogant, and ignorant remarks of Joe Biden got 1/10 the press Dan Q's and Dubya's mistakes did.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BMacklem

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 08:19:08 AM »
In all honesty, if Kopps wanted bigger and more press, and a massiv eincrease in business (at least from me) They'd have tossed the veep out the door for that garbage.

"Sir I realise you're the vice-president, but get out of my establishment now. If you cannot behave civilized and take a little bit of humor, then get out right now."

You know even in liberal Milwaukee, they'd get a lot of media coverage, and I'm sure there'd be pilgrimages of conservatives to find the shop from far across the country if they'd had the guts to do what was right.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 12:28:33 AM »
Amen.  Whats wrong with people anymore?  

3+ generations of liberal social engineering of the public school system.

And for the record I wouldn't have let the ignorant so and so in any establishment of mine in the first place.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »
I really wish the vile, arrogant, and ignorant remarks of Joe Biden got 1/10 the press Dan Q's and Dubya's mistakes did.

Indeed.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »
When Biden says things like this, most people know who the real smart-ass is.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »
When Biden says things like this, most people know why the Democratic Party mascot is a jackass.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 02:29:35 AM »
When Biden says things like this, most people know why the Democratic Party mascot is a jackass.

That's why the present government is known as a burrocracy.