Author Topic: Pete Stark...  (Read 4105 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pete Stark...
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »
...How the HELL does this guy remain in office, even in a Congressional District that includes San Francisco? What an absolutely horrible human being. Edgy sarcasm they say? I call it uncouth.

---------------------
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/29/congressman-says-borders-secure/

Rep. Stark Mocks Border Security Advocates: Who Are You Going to Kill Today?

A California congressman known for edgy sarcasm mocked an opponent of illegal immigration during a town hall meeting last week, asking, "Who are you going to kill today?" before the constituent, a self-identified Minuteman, posed his question.
fox news

A California congressman known for edgy sarcasm mocked an opponent of illegal immigration during a town hall meeting last week, asking, "Who are you going to kill today?" before the constituent, a self-identified Minuteman, posed his question.

Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif., no stranger to controversy, mocked the idea that the borders are not secure when asked about the federal government's lack of activity on border security.

"We can't get enough Minutemen armed. We'd like to get all the Minutemen armed so they can stop shooting people here," Stark said.

Eventually, members of the audience urged Stark to offer a serious answer.

"If you knew anything about our borders, you would know that's not the case. Our borders are quite secure, thank you," Stark said, drawing jeers.

Stark resumed his hostile act, asking the Minuteman what he would do to secure the border.

"I would send about about 25,000 troops for one thing and build a wall down so vehicles could not pass," the Minuteman said.

"How high and long would it be?" Stark asked.

"As high and as long as it takes," the Minuteman said, elicting cheers.

Stark said he would start a ladder company with the Minuteman if he designed the wall and doesn't shoot the people coming over.

"But I've got to know how high the wall is and I'll sell a whole lot of ladders for people who want to come," Stark said.

"This is a very serious matter and you're sitting there making fun of it," the Minuteman responded.

"I don't have to make fun of you sir, you do a fine job all by yourself," Stark said.

Stark made the comments last week at a town hall audience that included Steve Kemp, a member of the Golden State Minutemen, a group that opposes illegal immigrants. Kemp recorded the confrontation.

A spokesman for Stark did not return voicemail messages left at his office or on his cell phone. He also didn't respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

The clash came as the national spotlight focuses on Arizona's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigrants and the protests it is drawing across the country, including a legal challenge from the federal government.

Immigration is shaping up to be among the critical election-year issues as Republicans try to regain control of both chambers in Congress riding a wave of anti-Washington sentiment.

Stark, a liberal Democrat, is expected to easily win re-election against a lightly regarded opponent, political newcomer Justin Jelincic, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat.

Stark earned his primary challenge after he slammed a constituent who voiced his opposition to Obama's health care plan last summer at a town hall meeting.

"Mr. Congressman, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining," the constituent told Stark, referring to what he called the smoke and mirrors of the president's plan.

"I wouldn't dignify you be peeing on your leg," Stark fired back. "It wouldn't be worth wasting the urine."

In March, Stark seized control of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee for one day after Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., stepped aside due to an ethics probe. But Stark was quickly pushed aside in favor of Rep. Sander Levin, D-Mich., after many Democrats privately complained that Stark was too volatile to lead such an important committee.

Stark is known for making inflammatory comments.

In 2007, Stark accused President Bush of sending troops to Iraq "to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."

He also once called former Colorado Republican Rep. Scott McInnis a "fruitcake."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Pete Stark...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:52:05 AM »
...How the HELL does this guy remain in office, even in a Congressional District that includes San Francisco? What an absolutely horrible human being. Edgy sarcasm they say? I call it uncouth.

You underestimate the value of San Francisco to a "true-believer" Democrat.

Remember, there is also a district that elected Cynthia McKinney (multiple times) and Hank Johnson.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:55:15 AM »
POS.  I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

How high?  Doesn't matter, if it has concertina/razorwire on top.  And it's two walls rather than one, separated by about a 30 foot gap.

The big thing to do is militarize the border with a solid mass of men willing to do the job of securing the border.  He's right that walls don't stop people... will does.  We need men with will.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »
He also once called former Colorado Republican Rep. Scott McInnis a "fruitcake."

I voted for Scott a few times  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:57:56 AM »
There's not enough tar and feathers in the world to cover that elitist SOB.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 11:00:28 AM »
Question: When is California sliding off into the ocean? Answer: Not nearly soon enough.

No offense Ben.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 12:00:43 PM »
And it's two walls rather than one, separated by about a 30 foot gap.
Fill the space between the two walls with concertina/razorwire.  That should slow the border jumpers for awhile.

Personally, I see no reason we don't have razorwire along the border already.  The military knows how to lay it out under combat conditiond so I don't see why it can't be layed out along both borders.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 12:06:42 PM »
whats 2000 miles of razor wire worth?  and how fast will folks cut it up and haul it off?  plus you have the environazi's to deal with  the wire will stop the flow of animals across the border  there is some kinda rare animal guaranteed
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 12:34:22 PM »
How much do you want to bet it would have instantly ceased being "edgy sarcasm" and become "terroristic threatening" had the Minuteman responded to that question with: "Well sir, I thought we'd start today by shooting politicians that enable Illeagal immigration."?

How anyone can claim that our southern border is secure escapes me.  For good or ill, depending on ones goals, The border is pretty much open.

taurusowner

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 12:36:21 PM »
whats 2000 miles of razor wire worth?  and how fast will folks cut it up and haul it off?  plus you have the environazi's to deal with  the wire will stop the flow of animals across the border  there is some kinda rare animal guaranteed

Not to mention razor wire on its own can just be cut and breached in minutes.

Make a wall of concrete about 70ft high, and extending 20-30ft underground.  Behind it, on our side, create a minefield about 100 yds wide.  Then a second wall like the first.  Razor wire on top of both.  Vibration sensors, and IR sensors on the wall and watch towers every 5 miles or so.  All tower guards will have pistols and AR15s, as well as a vehicle with an M249. A dedicated Predator drone contingent tasked with both random patrols, and to respond to IR/motion alarms.  Yes, they will have rockets.  Yes, the rockets will be used.

Fund it with all the money we should cut from paying for illegals to have free housing, school, and medical care.  Build it with the unemployed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:44:11 PM by Ragnar Danneskjold »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 01:49:13 PM »
Dear Mister Prezidant:

Think of all the Union thugs you could put to work building a border wall.  Certainly there is some group left you haven't repaid for helping you get elected? 

Sincerely:

Your biggest fan!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »
what you figure that wall will cost?  since big numbers scare me lets get the price per inch
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »
what you figure that wall will cost?  since big numbers scare me lets get the price per inch

Less then a single payer health-care system.

Heck, for that matter, probably less then the next 10 yrs of ER visits for 12mil folks.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
How anyone can claim that our southern border is secure escapes me.  For good or ill, depending on ones goals, The border is pretty much open.

Vast areas of public lands inside our border are so insecure (dangerous) the the DOI has posted signs telling citizens to stay out for their own safety.

The feral.gov has effectively ceded territory to Mexico  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 02:18:37 PM »
As for the wall:  Whenever an illegal is caught, should be impressed into labor building the wall.  Do a background check, feed them, clothe them, pay them, see to their medical needs, shelter them.  When the wall is completed, toss them back if they have a place to go and relatives to sponsor them, give 'em a guest worker pass and then set them on a track to citizenship if they are willing to renounce their homeland and swear allegience to the USA.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 02:34:06 PM »
whats 2000 miles of razor wire worth?  and how fast will folks cut it up and haul it off?  plus you have the environazi's to deal with  the wire will stop the flow of animals across the border  there is some kinda rare animal guaranteed

what you figure that wall will cost?  since big numbers scare me lets get the price per inch

I did the math on APS a while back, using the Israeli Gaza & WB fences.  Which are very effective, I might add.  Until illegals develop rocket technology to launch their butts over the border.

We'd have to run the fence across the S border, up both coasts, and across Canada to equal the relative $$$ Israel is spending on the Gaza & WB fences. 

Here's what most of it would look like:

Here is a resource for the fence/wall construction:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Peace/fence.html

Each kilometer of fence costs approximately $2 million

So, $6.282B and change to get a fence with electronic countermeasures built.  That $2M/KM is an average that includes some even more robust bits, like 30' high reinforced concrete walls in urban areas.  If we pull a grampster and put captured illegals to work on the wall,it would be somewhat less.

That is a good start.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
Would be a heck of a "stimulus project"   :cool:

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
He should be barred from politics and punched in the mouth. Then we should put an elaborate scheme into action to make him think we'll let him back into politics, only to tell him we were just kidding and punch him in the mouth again.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »
He should be barred from politics and punched in the mouth. Then we should put an elaborate scheme into action to make him think we'll let him back into politics, only to tell him we were just kidding and punch him in the mouth again.

Man, you're dangerous! I just started choking on my Sprite! :D

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »
My suggestion for Pete Stark . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSPWXQhh6-A
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 05:41:28 PM »
The big thing to do is militarize the border with a solid mass of men willing to do the job of securing the border.  He's right that walls don't stop people... will does.  We need men with will.

That there is signature material ... particularly the second half.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »
Who's Will, and why can't he just do the job himself?

Terrible, I know. I apologize.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
Some people just need to be slapped upside the head whenever they open their Progressive Pieholes.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
Man, you're dangerous! I just started choking on my Sprite! :D

Sorry! But preschoolers settle their differences more academically. ha ha