Author Topic: Judge literally dragged to jail after sentencing...  (Read 1359 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Judge literally dragged to jail after sentencing...
« on: August 05, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »
Some amusing video of the proceedings and aftermath.

Judge used her position to try to help her brother keep his civil service job and now she's having to pay for it.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/former-judge-dragged-out-of-courtroom-following-own-sentencing/

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Judge literally dragged to jail after sentencing...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 10:49:57 AM »
I am sure the juvenile courts in that area will be hurt with that loss. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 10:50:36 AM »
Cries of racism in 10,9,8,7.......
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 12:25:45 PM »
Cries of racism in 10,9,8,7.......

Dude, you are way too late.  That started the day the investigation became public.

This case is notorious in Ohio.  She ruled from the bench like a crazy queen out of Game of Thrones. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/crime-and-courts/2019/07/24/what-did-tracie-hunter-do-explained-and-timeline-jail/1814169001/

This article contains an outline of the events leading up to her being dragged from the courtroom.  Some highlights include...

- hiding case files and documents to prevent the prosecution from appealing her decisions against them.
- back dating court documents to further inhibit prosecution appeals
- delaying filing decisions while holding juveniles in lock-up.  Can't appeal until the decision is filed. 
- delaying decisions in custody cases, leaving kids in foster homes longer than necessary
- using a county credit card to pay her personal attorney fees.

Out of official records, attorneys I know who had cases in front of her will share stories of a judge who saw herself as the lord of the courthouse.  She treated rules of ethics as an afterthought, often ordering young people to do community service at the church where she was a pastor, and allegedly at the homes of friends and family.  Attorneys who disagreed with her and argued their cases, no matter how proper they acted, were held in contempt.

People who are arguing racism refuse to see the reality of the situation, or simply ignore it.  Who cares if she wrongfully obtained confidential psychological records of the kid her brother punched in the face?  She was just helping her family.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 12:43:41 PM »
Cincinnatian here...It has been a real *expletive deleted*it show.  She has tried every trick in the book once she was convicted to stall her sentencing. The judge the finally implemented her sentence, is not the original trial judge.  The original trial judge retired.   Her supporters are rabid. They showed up at the sentencing judge's house, after she was taken to jail, and protested outside of his house.  One of her supporters is a sitting Ohio State Senator and he was at the judge's house protesting.  Her election was even controversial, here is a more complete timeline (https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/tracie-hunter-timeline-conflict-follows-judge-from-election-to-trial).  *expletive deleted*ing *expletive deleted*it show and a half.  Also, if you look at any picture of her she got the crazy eyes.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »
Cincinnatian here...It has been a real *expletive deleted*it show.  She has tried every trick in the book once she was convicted to stall her sentencing. The judge the finally implemented her sentence, is not the original trial judge.  The original trial judge retired.   Her supporters are rabid. They showed up at the sentencing judge's house, after she was taken to jail, and protested outside of his house.  One of her supporters is a sitting Ohio State Senator and he was at the judge's house protesting.  Her election was even controversial, here is a more complete timeline (https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/tracie-hunter-timeline-conflict-follows-judge-from-election-to-trial).  *expletive deleted*ing *expletive deleted*it show and a half.  Also, if you look at any picture of her she got the crazy eyes.

Reading that timeline... WOW.

Also, there was apparently a whole lot of federal meddling that had no reason to get involved. I also see that race DID play a big role in this case- the black jurors were unwilling to convict her of crimes. I'm shocked they got them to vote guilty (if only for a short time) on the one that was apparently too blatant (momentarily) for them to ignore because of her race.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 03:24:41 PM »
IMO, people like her should get triple the normal sentence simply because of all the lives she can screw up with her decisions.  Makes you wonder who she is doing favors for (and what) to get all those supporters. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »
While she was likely doing favors for some folks, I suspect a lot of what drove her actions was a monumental ego.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 05:05:01 PM »
Has she announced her 2020 campaign yet?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »
Has she announced her 2020 campaign yet?

Does she really have to?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 08:00:00 AM »
"using a county credit card to pay her personal attorney fees."

So why isn't she facing fraud, theft, and malfeasance in office charges?

One would think that it might rise to the level of a felony.

And has she lost her law license?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 08:10:57 AM »

In one of the articles, it mentions she lost her license.

Additionally, I'm assuming fraud and theft were among the 12+ charges that she was charged with that the jury was deadlocked on. (Because the 3 black jurors were unwilling to find her guilty because she was black.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 10:43:59 AM »
(Because the 3 black jurors were unwilling to find her guilty because she was black.)

Black privilege
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 01:08:04 PM »

This is what she was charged with:

Suspended by Ohio Supreme Court following indictment
In January 2014, Hunter was indicted on eight felony counts, including:

two counts of tampering with evidence,
two counts of forgery,
two counts of having an unlawful interest in a public contract, and
two counts of theft in office.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.