Author Topic: A new scam location - Liberia. Color me astounded  (Read 2571 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
A new scam location - Liberia. Color me astounded
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:26:07 PM »
Comments in parentheses are mine.

In a message dated 2/17/2012 12:08:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, johnwaritay0797650@gmail.com  (AKA johnwaritay@gmail.com ) writes:
I understand that you do not know me, but i will use this opportunity to introduce myself to you. I am John Waritay, 19yrs of age, i am from Liberia and i am the only surviving child of my late father Mark Waritay, who was murder in cold blood with my mom and kid sister during the humanitarian civil war in Liberia.  (Glad to know the civil war there was humanitarian - I'd have been devastated to find out it was brutal.)

after the death of my parents and my only sister, life became unbearable and frustrating for me to live. But with by the grace of God i have be able to survive. On one faithful morning, {Lord only knows what would have happened if the morning had, instead, been fateful.) i went to my dad bed room and i opened his wardrobe, to my surprise i find a briefcase with some documents in it. A DEPOSIT SLIP of two trunk boxes of consignments, deposited in a private security company in ACCRA GHANA, which my name was writing on it as the NEXT OF KIN, and there was a writing note by my father that the content of the Two trunk boxes contains $5,000,000, dollars each, in total is $10,000,000 (Ten million united state dollars).

I quickly traveled to Ghana, i seek asylum as a refugee, then i contacted the security company and they invite me to there office, which i present to  them the documents they issued to my late father. The director of the security company   advise me that i should look for a TRUSTWORTHY AND GOOD FEARING (Don't we all fear good?) person that can stand as my foreign beneficiary to clear the boxes for me, since i am a refugee because of the ethic of UNHCR  (You mean there is a UN body even more unethical than UNHRC?)

please i contacted you because i know you are someone i can trust and i know you can help me invest this funds into a good lucrative business in your country, and also help me to come over to your country and complete my education and purchase a house where i will stay as soon as i arrive. Please  help me, and i am willingly to go into an agreement with you (ORGANIZATION) that i will offer you 30% (Seems they are getting greedier over there in Liberia.  The Nigerians usually offer between 50% and 75%.) of the total sum of the funds inside the boxes.

Please  when replying, tell me briefly something about you and your family also, so that i know who i am dealing with.  (But you already told me you know I am someone you can trust.  What more do you really need to know about me?)

May the good lord bless you and give you the heart to assist me.

I wait for your reply.

Yours Sincerely.

John Waritay

You know, since he is just asking to know a little about my family, and says nothing about needing information about bank accounts, Social Security number, passwords or the like I am beginning to think there might not be any real risk in agreeing to help him out.  What say you all?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: A new scam location - Liberia. Color me astounded
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »
Play him like a fine Stradivarius, without divulging anything of risk!

And keep us posted!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »
Play him like a fine Stradivarius, without divulging anything of risk!

And keep us posted!  =D

This, tell him the story of Marty McFly.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
Good lord, it's like every one of them says "was murder in cold blood".

Is this because they just copypasta each other's scripts, or something about the syntax of various African languages keeps making them fail to conjugate "murder" into the past tense every time?  :laugh:
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »
"Color" you surprised? Nice coded insinuation, racist.

=D
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
This, tell him the story of Marty McFly.
"You are my density!?"  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 03:54:36 AM »
Tell him you're glad he made contact because you're looking for a trusted agent to transfer large sums from the Great American Bailout acquired from  your late father, former financial consultant to Enron, to a safe place in either Nigeria or Liberia, but can't decide which.  Ask him for his banking references account numbers, etc. to confirm that the trust can be mutual.

Don't forget to use lousy english.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:02:47 AM »
I suggest using phrases from the one and only Lee Mercer, former presidential candidate.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 06:12:50 AM »
Tell him you're glad he made contact because you're looking for a trusted agent to transfer large sums from the Great American Bailout acquired from  your late father, former financial consultant to Enron, to a safe place in either Nigeria or Liberia, but can't decide which.  Ask him for his banking references account numbers, etc. to confirm that the trust can be mutual.

Don't forget to use lousy english.

Well, hell, then you can speak like W.....

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
Sorry, fresh out of "Astounded" however I do I have a little "Delightfully Amused" left over that might work for you.  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!