Author Topic: The difference between cops & civilians widens - bp/dt warning  (Read 8472 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: The difference between cops & civilians widens - bp/dt warning
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 01:21:49 PM »
its a crap shoot with talking. this story will surprise folks coming from me but....
knew a young moron who got in a fight
or rather who at 18 beat up a 35 year ols man with his friends help.  solid beating no ambulance but a trip to the er.
i won't bore you with the stupid leading up to the beating or the incredible stupid after but the kid had a public defender who told him we can get you off light.simple assault. time served a year or 2 probation.  kid says ok makes his statement
mean while guy they beat up gets an eye infection from whuppin   loses eye.  charges upgraded to malicious wounding. kids statement was already in the record.
there were some levels of incredible stupid before trial at trial and while case was appealed but the dummy caught 10 years

first adult charge

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
C&SD - somewhat suspicious of effective counsel in that case, as the statement was made conditional on the plea offered.  When the plea was withdrawn the statement should have been either withdrawn (doubtful) or suppressed as having been coerced.

But again, it all falls back on how much justice you can afford to buy.

That's why I hate even the sound of "plea bargain' and "Alford Plea".  Make them prove every element of the charge.*

stay safe.

*He says when not being forced to sit in jail for months on end waiting for a public defender that even knows criminal law to work up an actual defense.  I know how lucky I have been.  I hope to never need to see if I can repeat that.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
f lee bailey clarence darrow and jonny cochran couldn't have saved this kid.
his mom called the arresting officer "that n@@@@@@r", and the prosecutor "the bull d@@@@"     on the stand
after the fight they went to his house for budweiser and braggin time.
the other kid was smart enough to wash his clothes shower and get totally cleaned up.  allen? was in blood stained clothes when cops showed up.other kid? no physical evidence no charges
had bragged before and after to close to 50 folks
his own g/f testified as to his history of violence\
he started this legal saga with a good attorney but after first court appearance he decided that rather than give the lawyer a months pay(pot money) to the lawyer he was gonna get a public defender, after all a lawyer is a lawyer. after conviction while on appeal bond he "decided" to become a father
he failed every piss test and was unrepentant and had a real tude in court. treated it like it was juvi court.
i have never seen a more stupid performance by a whole family in my life. jerry springer on steroids.
saddest thing? guy he whupped? needed whupping. at least if you think a 35 plus year old guy offering his g/f's 14 year old daughter 20 bucks to show me your tits is worth a beating
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 05:31:57 AM »
Oops!

That is why we need a "capital stupid" law - goof up that badly and you need to be taken out merely to protect the species.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 10:08:33 AM »
it played out over 2 years was one wtf after another.  i left out many of the lessor moments of brilliance.
  heres the gene pool he came from.  the guy who wanted to peek at his kid sis's boobs?  was his moms this weeks take home order from the local bar.  mom was wailing about how he shoulda got a better lawyer but would give up no cash for that , i asked her myself. she did pay 34 k cash for a truck 2 weeks after her baby went to prison on a dime. kids aunt asked me to try and help him. a worse exercise in frustration than trying to teach wife to drive clutch

• friends
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
how about officers of the court being held responsible?
fat chance
http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2012/03/12/close-resigning-as-culpeper-prosecutor/

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
how about officers of the court being held responsible?

Gotta remember one thing...a lawyer gives you advice.  Any time a lawyer guarantees you the outcome of any motion/trial/hearing, then the competency of the lawyer is in doubt.  Any lawyer worth a damn should start by telling you that there are no guarantees in the system.  Why?  There's always that little secret waiting to spring out in the middle of the hearing, like injuries getting worse, a prior conviction the client forgot about, that positive drug test...

As for plea bargains, gotta agree with skid on that one.  They suck, from all angles.  If a person commits a crime, charge the person with that crime.  He either admits or denies and goes to trial.  All plea bargaining does is weaken the system by having prosecutors overcharge criminals to get back to where they should have started, and defense lawyers worried less about the truth than they are about the best deal.  As the judge you're handcuffed by the deal and can't get to real justice based upon what actually happened, because the plea deal creates a legal fiction in which the case exists.  Plea deals cause the public to lose confidence in the system.  The only good plea deal is the one you get that keeps you out of prison.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

• friends