Author Topic: Chinese and Ruskies Listen to Trump  (Read 735 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Chinese and Ruskies Listen to Trump
« on: October 25, 2018, 08:37:05 AM »
Or at least his phone.

Argh. This is the same stuff that Obama did. You're given a gov phone for a reason. PLEASE use it.

I'm sure our geopolitical adversaries can already identify Trump business contacts and listen in on that end, but he doesn't have to help them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-russian-spies-listening-to-trumps-phone-conversations-report
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Chinese and Ruskies Listen to Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 09:52:15 AM »
It is from the New York Times.  It doesn't specify if they are listening in on his personal phone or his govt phones or even the extent of it.  It seems a bit odd that our govt couldn't figure out how secure his cell phone calls.  My vote is the article is heavily exaggerated or maybe an exaggeration of security discussions over cell phone use earlier in his term.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
His personal phone I'm sure. Even standard gov smart phones are locked down enough that they are practically dumb phones, and way too many people then switch to doing gov business on their personal phones because they get aggravated. 

It looks to me like they're doing the "friend of a friend" thing, just getting contacts and policy subjects so they can have assets talk them (or their associates) up and manipulate them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »
"IF" big if,  Trump is using an unsecured cell, Russia & China are hearing
exactly what he WANTS them to hear.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 07:18:45 PM »
Trump stopped using his cellphone early in his administration,  now he uses .gov encoded phones and landlines.

I. O. W.s, more phake newz.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 09:48:10 AM »
I remember hearing early on in the beginning of his presidency the news trying to make a big deal out of him using his personal phone, and it was leaving his people upset; seems like they keep trying to make it seem that everything he does is causing concerns amongst his own people.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 01:39:40 PM »
I remember hearing early on in the beginning of his presidency the news trying to make a big deal out of him using his personal phone, and it was leaving his people upset; seems like they keep trying to make it seem that everything he does is causing concerns amongst his own people.
It seems to me there have been anonymous reports about Trump from people in his administration ever since he won election.  I saw so many I started ignoring them unless they had a name attached. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge