Author Topic: A great piece by Victor Davis Hanson--"A Kingdom of Lies"  (Read 1007 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
A great piece by Victor Davis Hanson--"A Kingdom of Lies"
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:35:33 PM »
Victor Davis Hanson's column tonight is great put-down of the politically correct lies and double-speak that is now our society. It's hard to quote any one paragraph or sentence, because they're all good. Here's one just for a taste:

I have no idea whether invading in preemptive fashion an oil-producing, Arab Muslim country without congressional approval is an impeachable or humanitarian act — or both. You see, it depends, in the manner that Trotsky’s photo [5] used to, and then did not used to, appear in the snapshots of the Soviet pantheon. I suppose the same is true about prisoner abuse. I remember traveling in Europe and seeing those eerie black Klan-like hoods and capes with all sort of French, Italian and German sloganeering about the atrocious sexual humiliation that took place at Abu Ghraib, but I imagine this summer there won’t be much about supposed transgressions in Afghanistan where civilians were supposed to have been executed rather than humiliated. Things just happen, I suppose, in wars after 2009 — like now in Libya too.

The column is here