Author Topic: RIP Little Richard  (Read 652 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
RIP Little Richard
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:13:27 PM »
Before anyone asks they're not releasing the cause of death

Little Richard, flamboyant rock ā€˜nā€™ roll pioneer, dead at 87
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/little-richard-flamboyant-rock-n-roll-pioneer-dead-at-87/article_36a89df9-ff99-5fa5-984d-5c7844874a45.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: RIP Little Richard
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »
RIP. I was just the other day listening to a 50s playlist that included some of his stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 11:43:42 PM »
I used to have an 8-Track tape that I bought at a gas station of Little Richard with Jimi Hendrix as his guitar player. Wish I still had a recording of that low quality bootleg audio...😢
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 12:36:15 AM »
I always admired his energy.
I hope he wasn't in pain or scared
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."