Author Topic: RIP Chadwick Boseman  (Read 859 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
RIP Chadwick Boseman
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:11:04 PM »
Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther, 42) dies of colon cancer. He was only 43.
Guess he was fighting cancer while filming his last movies

Actor Chadwick Boseman, 43, dies of colon cancer
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/08/28/actor-chadwick-boseman-43-dies-of-colon-cancer/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: RIP Chadwick Boseman
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 01:11:45 AM »
Was not expecting that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 07:55:15 AM »
Another Covid19 death.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 08:06:47 AM »
Very surprising. I never saw Black Panther, but saw him in some other recent stuff. He didn't look at all like someone going through chemo. RIP.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 08:41:01 AM »
Very surprising. I never saw Black Panther, but saw him in some other recent stuff. He didn't look at all like someone going through chemo. RIP.

Movie was maybe a 6, maybe a 7, out of 10. A little heavy handed with some PC stuff at a couple of points, really not more than I expected, but nothing that should ruin it for you unless you're overly sensitive about it. My biggest beef was the articles some reviewers wrote that pretty much stated if you didn't find it to be hands down the best of the Marvel movies that could only be because you're racist or something and some huge plot holes in the whole Wakanda thing.

I thought he was perfect for the role and have zero clue what his actual politics were. I usually don't go looking for them and usually don't care unless they shove them into my face.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 09:38:15 AM »
Wow, that came out of nowhere. RIP.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 01:12:21 PM »
Movie was maybe a 6, maybe a 7, out of 10. A little heavy handed with some PC stuff at a couple of points, really not more than I expected, but nothing that should ruin it for you unless you're overly sensitive about it. My biggest beef was the articles some reviewers wrote that pretty much stated if you didn't find it to be hands down the best of the Marvel movies that could only be because you're racist or something and some huge plot holes in the whole Wakanda thing.

I thought he was perfect for the role and have zero clue what his actual politics were. I usually don't go looking for them and usually don't care unless they shove them into my face.
I had some issues with the movie, but he played the character well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »
RIP.  Too young!   

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 04:31:18 PM »
 I hope the people who knew him can heal/feel better quickly, I have never seen any of his work.
I watch the news and that's about it, all my entertainment stuff is youtube video's - until walking dead comes back on.
I'm so sick of hollywood i never look at it anymore, or sports balls.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 09:04:03 PM »
RIP, and well done.

He could've jumped on the pity train and had all the attention any malignant narcissist could desire,  but instead he faced the end like a man.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 09:38:18 PM »
RIP, and well done.

He could've jumped on the pity train and had all the attention any malignant narcissist could desire,  but instead he faced the end like a man.
This. 

I was impressed that he was fighting this while making some memorable movies.  For Black Panther he was in pretty good shape also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 08:13:57 PM »
Boseman also played a great supporting role in "Draft Day."  I don't even like football and I love that movie.  Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it.