Author Topic: Something going on in Vienna  (Read 1416 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Something going on in Vienna
« on: November 02, 2020, 04:22:29 PM »
Short on details so far but there are reports of several shooters

Details coming in about a significant terrorist attack happening in Vienna. https://t.co/gjmLOfu8cC

— Bryan S. Myrick (@BryanMyrick) November 2, 2020

BREAKING: All public transportation halted in #Vienna—as shootings & hostage situations reported throughout the city in coordinated attack. #Austria

— SV News 🚨 (@SVNewsAlerts) November 2, 2020
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/11/02/breaking-terrorist-attack-with-multiple-perpetrators-underway-in-vienna-austria-multiple-casualties-hostages-reported-videos/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
Re: Something going on in Vienna
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 04:28:20 PM »
Quote from: American Jewish Committee
Updated report: We are in contact with sources on the ground in Vienna. The motives and targets of this attack remain unclear at this time. We will provide further updates as they become available.

Coordinated shootings, at least one at a synagogue, video of a male with dark skin and hair shooting a pistol and yelling "Allahu Akbar!" .......

I guess I'll be the first to call this one for the Religion of Peace.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 04:29:18 PM »
Coordinated shootings, at least one at a synagogue, video of a male with dark skin and hair shooting a pistol and yelling "Allahu Akbar!" .......

Racist Fascist Hater Trumpboi!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 04:29:35 PM »
I blame Trump and the NRA.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 04:29:54 PM »

Let's not rush to conclusions, dogmush.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 04:30:08 PM »
Let's rush to conclusions, RKL.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 04:33:15 PM »
France has seen several beheadings recently as well.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 04:35:05 PM »
Obviously this is due globular warmulating.  If Trump had only signed on to the Geneva treaty.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 04:35:51 PM »
Obviously this is due globular warmulating.  If Trump had only signed on to the Geneva treaty.

Save us Greta
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 04:38:17 PM »
Anyone heard about this lovely event in Kabul?

I know I hadn't until I went to the BBC World News page...

Attack on Kabul University kills 22

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54750839
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 04:39:31 PM »

And it is right and proper that you do so...

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 04:55:20 PM »
Clearly an isolated incident, in no way representative of...

AND it's the mohamedans.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2020, 05:03:56 PM »
This diversity and multiculturalism is their strength I've been assured.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 05:11:50 PM »
It's Trump's white supremacists.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »

Just saw the tweeted video: taqiyah, beard, perahan, sandals.  Yeeeaaah you're probably spot on.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 06:32:30 PM »
France has seen several beheadings recently as well.

The musselmen probably don't want to play that game with the French; the French perfected it two centuries ago.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2020, 08:02:42 PM »
Some people did something. People worried about post election violence here ought to keep an eye on Europe. If even soyboy Macron found his nutsack in his wife’s purse I imagine the actual hard core nativists are close to making hitler look like just a crappy artist.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2020, 08:06:02 PM »
Just Europe getting what they deserve for their letting the radical Muslims immigrate, multiply, continue radicalization, etc while claiming that anybody who did not agree with such actions was racist.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 08:28:41 PM »
Getting what they voted for, good and hard.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2020, 09:18:50 PM »
If history repeats itself,  I want to see Sobieski and his Winged Hussars in whatever form they'd take in 2020 deal with the goat *expletive deleted*ers.

Also,  relevant Sabaton:  https://youtu.be/rcYhYO02f98

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2020, 09:51:26 PM »
Just Europe getting what they deserve for their letting the radical Muslims immigrate, multiply, continue radicalization, etc while claiming that anybody who did not agree with such actions was racist.

One could draw some parallels between France and Portland.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2020, 10:01:48 PM »
Those who are interested really should read the Macron speech from Les Mureaux a few days ago. The speech was like 1.5 hours but I found the English transcript pretty easy read.

The coexistence of Islam in a free republic, is not an easy thing, maybe not a possible thing, but it's France's reality now, unless they go full ethnic cleansing on a population that they just invited in. So I have to give them/him credit for not pretending there's no problem anymore...now that literally everything is happening that literally everyone said was going to happen, they appear to be taking no-apologies, real action to try to basically neuter Islam within their borders and try to keep it un-radical. Can this be done? I don't know but it's a noble experiment. It's kinda like a wake-up moment. But unfortunately some of the steps they are taking are also not-so-libre after all, such as banning homeschooling, sticking their noses into the mosques and other islamic instututions, and as far as I can tell, imposing something like affirmative action to prevent islamic nexuses from forming in certain industries and secular institutions. This basically requires a lot of France cracking down on wrong thinking and regulation of religious practice. Which is scary, but you have to admit the strategy of just doing nothing while a parallel society emerges, which is what Britain and US seem to do, although it's not as big of a problem in the US, has a certain end result, and they are smart enough to see it, although weren't smart enough to act earlier, they are culturally strong enough to not want it to happen, and seem to be doing something about it, but the world will be watching to see if their republic survives, or if they turn into a China where religious minorities that threaten the state are just persecuted. What's really the difference compared to China sending Uygurs to reeducation camps? It's history in the making, I do believe.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2020, 10:31:19 PM »
... the world will be watching to see if their republic survives, or if they turn into a China where religious minorities that threaten the state are just persecuted. What's really the difference compared to China sending Uygurs to reeducation camps? It's history in the making, I do believe.

Were/are the Uygurs threatening the state? Or is it simply that having a religion is deemed to be a threat to the state?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2020, 11:24:13 PM »
Were/are the Uygurs threatening the state? Or is it simply that having a religion is deemed to be a threat to the state?

I don't really know what the Uygurs have done or what the PRC considers to be threatening. I assume the PRC takes no chances and gives no benefits of the doubt. They probably view any sufficiently advanced religion to be a threat to the state.

The dictates of a secular, enlightenment-era republic demand that you do nothing about people's religious beliefs until they commit some crime against person or property. The problem is, what if a culture or a religion becomes imported and propogates itself to the point where your republic is gone or compromised? Without a defense against this, maybe free republics cannot last. That is to say, perhaps they are metastable or they rely on a delicate balance to maintain. I don't find this hard to believe. Insert Benjamin Franklin quote here. Maybe free, secular republics don't actually work over the long term.

Another question is, can a free republic mount a defense against cultural/religious takeover, without losing it's essence? Must we destroy the republic to keep it?

I like to joke that Europe is way ahead of the US...in the descent into communism. But it's true that in most ways they are literally way ahead of us, in both problems and solutions. In a lot of ways, we just get off easy here with less pressure, and we get away with handwaving things and hoping they go away. I really don't envy what they are now up against and I can't armchair quarterback what they are doing when leaders in the US can't even talk plainly about our race problems. So far in the US we have gotten away with pretending that multiculturalism is going to work; in France they are past pretending, but what do you...do? It will be interesting.

Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine