Author Topic: Ohio inching closer to Constitutional Carry  (Read 4420 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ohio inching closer to Constitutional Carry
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2022, 04:22:45 PM »
Depending on when the bill is signed, that's 4 states in as many weeks. And half the states, to boot.

The NRA has really been doing good work here, huh?  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2022, 04:24:36 PM »
Depending on when the bill is signed, that's 4 states in as many weeks. And half the states, to boot.

The NRA has really been doing good work here, huh?  =D

Time to issue a statement taking credit and a new suit
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2022, 08:17:58 AM »
Is there blood flowing in  the streets yet? I was promised rivers of blood!

Unfortunately I have NO hope of this passing any time soon in Virginia.

Even though Republicans now control the Virginia house and Gov's office, and has a good chance of grabbing the senate next year if things continue on the current path, most of the Republicans that have been elected are "modern" Republicans... you know, Republicans in name, Democrats in thought and action.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2022, 09:24:10 AM »
Now that Georgia will have con-carry, does that put additional pressure on their neighbor to the south, and the politicians thereof? Or does it just not work like that?

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2022, 09:24:32 AM »
Is there blood flowing in  the streets yet? I was promised rivers of blood!.

Doesn’t become law yet until June.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2022, 10:57:18 PM »
Now that Georgia will have con-carry, does that put additional pressure on their neighbor to the south, and the politicians thereof? Or does it just not work like that?

Desantis has momentum,  he should be demanding the state house put that on his desk.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2022, 11:53:00 PM »
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/03/florida-governor-calls-for-special-session-supports-constitutional-carry/#ixzz7PMdjSztc
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Florida Governor Calls for Special Session; Supports Constitutional Carry
https://www.ammoland.com/2022/03/florida-governor-calls-for-special-session-supports-constitutional-carry/#axzz7PMdf7IMT

From what I heard it was one or two Republicans in the Florida legislature that were holding it up.  Hopefully, this adds a little more pressure in an election year.  I think their primaries are in the summer. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2022, 07:00:05 AM »
Doesn’t become law yet until June.

That doesn't matter one bit! The blood must flow!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2022, 09:24:34 AM »
Signed by the Governor in Georgia:

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3265892-georgia-governor-signs-permit-less-handgun-carry-bill-into-law/

The Hill says "about 20" other states have it. They just didn't want to make it sound like "half".  :laugh:

Also, Stacy Abrams, you know - the real governor of Georgia - is trying to make "criminal carry" catch on.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »
Also, Stacy Abrams, you know - the real governor of Georgia - is trying to make "criminal carry" catch on.

That is so stupid it almost hurts.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2022, 03:14:43 PM »

The real criminals already had "criminal carry." Thanks to the 5th Amendment and the Supreme Court, criminals carrying illegally don't even have to admit to it, because they can't be required to make self-incriminating statements.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2022, 03:26:21 PM »
And here's the statement

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nra-ila-happy-that-half-the-states-have-constitutional-carry-thank-the-nra/
I don't care if the NRA wants to take some credit for some of this.  They have had some part in this nationally.  However, I think they hurt themselves and the 2nd amendment in the long run by not giving credit to local state affiliate organizations.  Those groups need the support and publicity and they are the front line at the state level, not the NRA. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2022, 05:49:42 PM »
I don't care if the NRA wants to take some credit for some of this.  They have had some part in this nationally.  However, I think they hurt themselves and the 2nd amendment in the long run by not giving credit to local state affiliate organizations.  Those groups need the support and publicity and they are the front line at the state level, not the NRA.

The NRA hurt us in more ways than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

Attorney Alan Gura, in a 2003 filing, used the term "sham litigation" to describe the NRA's attempts to have Parker (aka Heller) consolidated with its own case challenging the D.C. law. Gura also stated that "the NRA was adamant about not wanting the Supreme Court to hear the case".[55] These concerns were based on NRA lawyers' assessment that the justices at the time the case was filed might reach an unfavorable decision.[56] Cato Institute senior fellow Robert Levy, co-counsel to the Parker plaintiffs, has stated that the Parker plaintiffs "faced repeated attempts by the NRA to derail the litigation."[57] He also stated that "The N.R.A.'s interference in this process set us back and almost killed the case. It was a very acrimonious relationship.

The NRA also initially opposed McDonald. They had their own Chicago case, which wasn't gaining any traction in the courts. When they couldn't get McDonald stopped, they then petitioned the court to allow their lawyers to take some of the time that was allotted to the plaintiff's attorneys to argue their case.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2022, 04:34:38 PM »
Signed by the Governor in Georgia:

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3265892-georgia-governor-signs-permit-less-handgun-carry-bill-into-law/

The Hill says "about 20" other states have it. They just didn't want to make it sound like "half".  :laugh:

Abrams vows to repeal Constitutional Carry if elected
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/05/02/abrams-vows-to-repeal-constitutional-carry-if-elected-n57875
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2022, 04:41:26 PM »
But... I thought Abrams was already the elected governor?

Why didn't she just veto it from whatever roadside fleabag she calls her goobernatorial mansion?