Author Topic: Should I feel more guilt?  (Read 398 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Should I feel more guilt?
« on: October 29, 2022, 03:47:07 PM »
Had a weekend trip to Debuque Iowa planned with the wife.
Winery, live music, dinner reservations, national river museum.
Last night she comes down really sick for the 2nd time in 4 weeks. Weekend cancelled.
When she is sick 2 things. 1-Mad at the whole world for the injustice. 2-leave me alone.
So with an unexpected change in schedule I split and stacked some more firewood this am.
And I wanted to go fishing one more time before winter weather.
Beautiful sunny 63 degree October day today.
Fishing hasn’t been great but just had a shore lunch on my little biomass pack stove (simple theory gear- sadly out of business)
In my vintage #5 cast iron skillet I fixed a grilled cheese and deer sausage sammich with some onions and potatoes. And brewed some good strong coffee for the French press.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Should I feel more guilt?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 03:50:48 PM »
That sounds great! Your wife should get sick more often.  =D =D =D =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 03:51:11 PM »
No man. You're all good.
Guilt demons BEGONE!
7-11 was a part time job.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 10:59:25 AM »
Never feel guilty about doing that when turbo-bitch comes out.
Formerly sumpnz

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 12:04:05 PM »
When my grandma was cranky, my grandpa used to go out and putter around in his garage workshop. As he put it "If I'm in the house, she'll be mad. If I'm in the garage, she'll still be mad. But when I'm in the garage, I don't have to listen to her."

Grandpa was a very practical man.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 12:53:51 PM »
When my grandma was cranky, my grandpa used to go out and putter around in his garage workshop. As he put it "If I'm in the house, she'll be mad. If I'm in the garage, she'll still be mad. But when I'm in the garage, I don't have to listen to her."

I like that!
Treated the old 6hp Johnson and pulled the battery, put the boat away in the back of the barn for winter.
She is still sickly but not as mad at the world. I’m getting a lot of firewood split and stacked for next winter.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 01:21:18 PM »

"I understand."

https://youtu.be/PVkWONQeYcY (3:48)
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 03:15:06 PM »
You're a horrible person.

But for reasons that have nothing to do with your skipping out on a trip to Iowa because the Mrs. got sick.

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.