Author Topic: A pretty grim energy assessment for winter 2023-2024 for Europe  (Read 255 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
A pretty grim energy assessment for winter 2023-2024 for Europe
« on: November 01, 2022, 10:22:07 AM »
which will certainly affect the United States.

This is from CNBC.

Basically, unless something gives, next winter could be a grim one for Europe.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/01/energy-crisis-next-winter-will-be-more-challenging-oil-ceos-warn.html

But, I'm sure Uncle Joe will save us with just one windmill.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
Re: A pretty grim energy assessment for winter 2023-2024 for Europe
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 11:22:05 AM »
Germany will have to rush shutdown of its 3 remaining nuke plants lest someone realize they could help assuage their impending energy crisis. And they'll have to hurry up and demolish the 3 plants they shut down in 2021 (which CAN be restarted) for the same reason.

It's the green thing to do, and letting some of the little people freeze in the dark is a small price to pay.

(They USED to have 17 nuke plants but began abandoning nuclear power after Fukushima. Maybe they were afraid of tsunamis coming out of the Bavarian Alps.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 03:24:50 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: A pretty grim energy assessment for winter 2023-2024 for Europe
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 02:14:34 PM »
I thought I heard recently that Germany was un-mothballing some coal plants this winter in response to the European energy crisis?

Edit:  yep.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1124448463/germany-coal-energy-crisis
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!