Author Topic: Dem. admits they lied about ending Iraq War.  (Read 2718 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Dem. admits they lied about ending Iraq War.
« on: May 25, 2008, 02:03:25 PM »
Congressman Paul Kanjorski (D-PA)

Transcript of video: 

"I'll tell you my impression. We really in this last election, when I say we...the Democrats, I think pushed it as far as we can to the end of the fleet, didn't say it, but we implied it. That if we won the Congressional elections, we could stop the war. Now anybody was a good student of Government would know that wasn't true. But you know, the temptation to want to win back the Congress, we sort of stretched the facts...and people ate it up."

Video here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Dem. admits they lied about ending Iraq War.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »
And yet they're liable to win the election.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »
The Demcrats lied Huh?  shocked

I'm shocked, I tell you - I never thought such a thing could happen  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 11:13:10 AM »
But surely you are shocked to hear one of them admit it?   smiley

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:58:51 AM »
Yeah.  Democrats lying doesn't surprise me, but admitting it (on camera, no less) does surprise me.

No, let's see how many people will believe the lie that Obama is going to end the war...

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »
Yeah.  Democrats lying doesn't surprise me, but admitting it (on camera, no less) does surprise me.

No, let's see how many people will believe the lie that Obama is going to end the war...

Many-and they'll be more than happy to blame their foreseeable disappointment on something else,  I'm sure.

When Obama fails to end the Iraq war and tries to make it into a victory, though, will war supporters celebrate his wisdom?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
Yeah well, when Bush lied, people died!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 06:00:07 PM »

When Obama fails to end the Iraq war and tries to make it into a victory, though, will war supporters celebrate his wisdom?
If the war is won while Obama is in office, we'll celebrate the win.  We'll be sure to remind everyone that it was Bush's policies and strategies that won it, too.  Assuming that Obama doesn't achieve the win through some new strategy of his own, that is.

I've long suspected that the war cannot be won while a Republican is President.  Victory in this particular war won't come from a surrender treaty, it'll require a general public perception (both ours and theirs) that we're the victors.  Public perception is controlled quite heavily by the media.  The media will never give a Republican, much less Bushitler himself, credit for a victory.  They'll be eager to give one of their own pet Democrats credit for a victory, though. 

Time will tell.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 06:15:27 PM »
I've long suspected that the war cannot be won while a Republican is President.  Victory in this particular war won't come from a surrender treaty, it'll require a general public perception (both ours and theirs) that we're the victors.  Public perception is controlled quite heavily by the media.  The media will never give a Republican, much less Bushitler himself, credit for a victory.  They'll be eager to give one of their own pet Democrats credit for a victory, though. 

Time will tell.

You speak as if there is some doubt. 

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
But surely you are shocked to hear one of them admit it?   smiley

does this make the dems better than the reps because they at least admit it?

i'm tired of both bowls of crap, thank you very much.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2