Author Topic: Mom says teacher let classmates vote autistic son out of class  (Read 10107 times)

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
Re: Mom says teacher let classmates vote autistic son out of class
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 07:38:13 PM »
Having met a couple AS kids, that's heart breaking.

At the risk of drifting the thread, when did you get a heart?   grin

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 07:41:16 PM »

Having met a couple AS kids, that's heart breaking.  What the heck was she thinking?

That's the problem. Thinking was probably not involved in this. Petty malice perhaps.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »
I say we start a vote.

Do we vote the teacher off our island?

I vote yes.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »
I say we start a vote.

Do we vote the teacher off our island?

I vote yes.
Only if it involves tossing her to the sharks.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 07:50:45 PM »
vote her off?  bah   shes a food source   think  fried green tomatoes
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BrokenPaw

• friends
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »

You may wish to reconsider.  Recall that Mad Cow Disease is spread when an infected cow is ground up and mixed in with the feed that healthy cows eat.

This is someone we don't want in the soylent green.  Her stupid may be catching.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 05:05:51 AM »
Seeing this again, it still makes me wonder what other cruel and manipulative stuff she does around the class room.  I seriously doubt this is an isolated incident. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 06:34:29 AM »

You may wish to reconsider.  Recall that Mad Cow Disease is spread when an infected cow is ground up and mixed in with the feed that healthy cows eat.

This is someone we don't want in the soylent green.  Her stupid may be catching.

-BP
Isn't that only if you eat the brain/spinal cord and such? I've never heard of MEAT being the issue...

BrokenPaw

• friends
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 07:41:58 AM »
Isn't that only if you eat the brain/spinal cord and such? I've never heard of MEAT being the issue...

Probably so.  The meat's probably harmless if there's no prion contamination.  Still.  Fugu is also harmless, if it's prepared right, but in that case, one of the shortest words in the language suddenly carries enough importance to warrant a whole room full of subwoofers kicking in when it's uttered.

Some foods aren't worth the risk, to my mind at least.  I draw the line at: 1) fish that could kill me if the chef's having anything other than an extraordinarily good day, 2) soylent green made of stupid people, and 3) tofu, for no other reason than that food should not make your teeth squeak.

-BP

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 08:06:03 AM »
2) soylent green made of stupid people, and 3) tofu, for no other reason than that food should not make your teeth squeak.

-BP

Don't eat cheese curds, either. You think tofu squeaks...

BrokenPaw

• friends
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »
Don't eat cheese curds, either. You think tofu squeaks...

Hmm.  True.

cheese curd == squeak.
tofu == bean curd == squeak.

New rule, new rule!  All sorts of "curds" are automagically rejected.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 04:33:45 PM »
Having met a couple AS kids, that's heart breaking.

At the risk of drifting the thread, when did you get a heart?   grin

-BP

About three years back.  A user really got on my nerves.  They wouldn't let me nail it to my office door because of some nonsense about health code.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 03:49:18 AM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 05:02:14 AM »
Lawdog picked on this as well. 

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 05:46:48 AM »
They wouldn't let me nail it to my office door because of some nonsense about health code.

Silly RevDisk.  Hearts are supposed to be kept at home.

In a box, packed in salt.

I dunno where you're getting your tofu BrokenPaw.  Mine only squeaks when I pan fry it with some diced peppers and onions.

Speaking of frying, the idiot teacher who done this should be staked in the sun fry in the fat from her own head.  angry
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 06:13:30 PM »
Should an aspie make the teacher his hobby?

I'm sorta busy for the next three weeks, but I could maybe fit some time in after that.

Blog under construction

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »
They wouldn't let me nail it to my office door because of some nonsense about health code.

Silly RevDisk.  Hearts are supposed to be kept at home.

In a box, packed in salt.

Quote from:  Steven King
Some people say I must be a horrible person, but that's not true.  I have the heart of a young boy...In a jar, on my desk.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth