Author Topic: "Fallout" on Amazon Prime  (Read 867 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: "Fallout" on Amazon Prime
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2024, 01:06:29 AM »
Those bombs in the opening scene were awfully low yield (Davy Crocketts?) and it's interesting that they were ground bursts.

I'm about 5 or 6 episodes in.  I'm beginning to think Vault Tec might have been behind the initial blasts, then it got out-of-hand.

The Ghoul is the only really interesting character so far.  Lucy has too much plot armor.  Maximus hasn't been developed enough yet but might be eventually.

The Dog is absolutely gorgeous.

I like the old-timey music, even tho' I don't know some of it. Maybe especially because I don't know some of it but I know a lot of it.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2024, 01:22:57 AM »
and it's interesting that they were ground bursts.

If you want to maximize fallout you go for ground bursts. If you have no plan to occupy the land poison it. Plus ground bursts are more effective at taking out bunkers and shelters.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2024, 01:35:58 AM »
If you want to maximize fallout you go for ground bursts. If you have no plan to occupy the land poison it. Plus ground bursts are more effective at taking out bunkers and shelters.

Yes, plus ground bursts are easier if you have no delivery system.  That's why I think Vault Tec was behind it   [tinfoil]   :laugh:

Watching it now, end of episode 6 is getting weird.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #53 on: Today at 10:12:01 AM »
Enter Brandon Herrera

The Fallout NCR Service Rifle - New Vegas Clone Build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hdlLsJSeD8
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #54 on: Today at 06:25:52 PM »
I'm gonna have to watch that last episode again to figure out WTF happened.  :laugh:  I understood maybe half of it, and I'd figured out part of it ahead of time but not the reasons.
"It's good, though..."