Author Topic: The most conservative SCOTUS in decades  (Read 1621 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: The most conservative SCOTUS in decades
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:40 PM »
Well, it’s certainly possible, but I don’t really trust any of them besides Alito and Thomas to be principled conservatives.  I’m cautiously optimistic about ACB.
Formerly sumpnz

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 10:57:35 AM »
I'll believe it when I see it actually happen in rulings.

Calling them conservative before they actually do anything conservative is typical media BS.

When they continue to hand down leftist friendly rulings the media will take glee in stating "even the most conservative SCOTUS in decades" understands transgender children have the right to consent to have sex with adults!! or whatever other inane stupidity the left pushes next.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scott Metro

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 11:20:01 AM »
I think the swamp is so thick, so mucky, so ingrained in our culture, that I am able to count the number of true patriots without taking my shoes off.
SCOTUS not excluded.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 07:35:24 AM »
Welp, with the political landscape as appears to be heading, by the time the incoming Congress and, by all indications, the incoming administration get through with their announced plan, there will be a very left-leaning USSC.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 07:41:41 AM »
With the Democrats stealing the Senate seats for Georgia, SCOTUS packing is now inevitable. There will soon be 13 justices on the court.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 08:14:36 AM »
How much solace can be gained from the fact that Trump appointed over 200 lower Court judges?  What's the "flippabiity quotient" for those people?

Can that be considered a good "buffer" for Bill Of Rights issues?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 09:23:30 AM »
How much solace can be gained from the fact that Trump appointed over 200 lower Court judges?  What's the "flippabiity quotient" for those people?

Can that be considered a good "buffer" for Bill Of Rights issues?
If they have the votes to pack the SC, they can pack the appeals courts as well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 09:30:25 AM »
Conservative is as conservative does.

My guess is they don't even need to pack the court. 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »

I'd say that's pretty clear.
Hi.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 10:08:29 PM »

They will pack the court.  Why?  Because it's a simple and relatively easy thing to do that furthers their overall control.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.