Author Topic: APS & THR surprises.  (Read 1963 times)

griz

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« on: August 16, 2005, 03:07:32 PM »
What has surprised you about THR and APS members? For me two things stood out:
1. There are more cat people than I thought there would be.
2. A whole lot of you folks are great photographers.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Schuey2002

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 07:09:49 PM »
There are a ton of THR/APS members who ride motorcycles..

The topic of bears and zombies are always on the minds of folks from both boards..

A certain member of both boards has a fascination with the topic of high-priced British liquor..

THE END IS NEAR!! THE END IS NEAR!!

Cheesy

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 07:14:45 PM »
That there are members who know what its like to be kicked in the mivonks by a frelling tralk.

The number who are happy slaves to the Furry Feline Masters.

The strong L/libertarian bent to both boards.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Stickjockey

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 07:34:10 AM »
Both boards absolutely amaze me with the sheer weight of knowledge some members possess. I'm no slouch, but there are times I'm just blown away.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 08:23:26 AM »
people who are gun owners are just as diverse as the folks who don't own firearms.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 10:04:55 AM »
I enjoy the arguments that break out from time to time and how they remain mostly dignified.  Frustration seeps through from time to time, but that's part of the fun.
Then you'll run into a post that several members who were at each other's throats are now agreeing.

The cat thing has always amazed me, too.   As a person who only talent is the rather notable lack of it, one is also amazed at the number of multi-talented folk.
Friendliness and the willingness to be supportive of others is also seen in rather large supply.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

griz

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 11:34:53 AM »
I should have mentioned that too Stickjockey. I can't count the number of times someone has posted a picture of a PART of some obscure weapon as a quiz, and in no time somebody pops up who knows what kind of gun it is, which model, and that the front sight has been replaced at some time. Anytime I think I know it all I just read a little more.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Standing Wolf

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:03:04 PM »
The number of libertarians should be a surprise to no one: I'm sure we out-gun the Republicans five to one and the representatives and supporters of the Democratic (sic) party twenty to one.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Stickjockey

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 09:58:05 AM »
Griz-

The amount of gun- related knowledge is insane, I'll agree, but it also seems that there are people here that know a lot about all kinds of different subjects, across the board.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

grampster

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 12:07:53 PM »
There were many more participants on the Roundtable when it was over at THR.  I guess one of the things I wonder about is why there are not more folks registered and participating over here?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 02:48:42 PM »
Well, my response to that is because it was truly a big mistake NOT to allow for a Round Table at THR.
I know I know-- not my forum, open one of my own if I want it done a certain way etc. etc...
Rant off.

2 biggest surprises to me:
Depth of comaraderie and friendships built through the association with both boards.
Common theme of such quality individuals that frequent both places.  I'm sure glad to be part of both!

grampster

• friend
APS & THR surprises.
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 11:56:23 AM »
Blackburn,
I've often wondered why that was, as this is Oleg's board as well.  I understand why he spun it off, agree with it actually.  (My understanding was that he wanted a certain decorum at THR conected exclusively with the gun culture and promoting the fact that we're not all wide eyed radical morons to those who visit the site.)  
The APS Roundtable gave us a forum to talk about anything and wasn't particularly trying to promote any kind of image other than polite, adult argument and sharing of stuff.
There really ought to be a sticky at THR on the Legal and Political and Gen'l Gun mentioning APS and a general outline of expected behavior.  Oh, well.