Author Topic: Homeowners Take Warning  (Read 1016 times)

Art Eatman

• friend
Homeowners Take Warning
« on: August 19, 2005, 08:34:39 AM »
An essay on the scams now occurring:

http://www.whiskeyandgunpowder.com/Archives/20050818.html

Particularly of interest to those in financial difficulty, or those with ARMs and Interest-only loans.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Homeowners Take Warning
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 08:52:23 AM »
This is exactly why Texas used to have such stringent homestead laws, along with our home lending laws of the past. Too bad the legislature sold us out. I can't wait to start buying distressed properties when it finally busts.

I'm old enough to remember the 1980's very well. Especially in Houston...last one to leave Houston, please turn out the lights....

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Homeowners Take Warning
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 10:42:52 AM »
I'm a former mortgage broker so I know the business pretty well.

Yes, sometimes these things are scams.  Sometimes they aren't.  But to accuse people of "stealing" homes because they pay a fraction of the value is dishonest itself.  What is a home "worth"??  It is worth what someone will pay for it.  In the case of a distressed homeowner, it is worth what someone will pay for it *today.*  It has to be today because they have no tomorrow.  Tomorrow the bank is going to get it and between their fees and everything else the homeowner will still end up with nothing.  Plus he will have a foreclosure on his record.
Always, read the fine print and if you dont understand it, ask someone you trust who does.  Not Uncle Bubba.  Not your neighbor who just bought a house 15 years ago.  Someone very familiar with real estate whom you know and trust.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.